Honored Contributor

Re: I'm sick and tired of summer

I'm not sick of summer either.  I stay so cold all winter and I hate that it gets dark so early.

I'd be happy with summer and spring all year long.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I can't even wrap my mind around anyone not liking summer!!! Never heard of it until I began reading these forums. Wow. Here where I live everyone I know LOVES summer! No one complains about the heat. We embrace the short summers and live them to the fullest. I guess its a regional remark how you dislike summer. I live on a lake in my upper MI cottage. We have a boat, kayaks, jet ski, everything to enjoy our lovely HOT summers. Cooler weather? Yuck. Give me shorts and flip flops any old day!! Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I love summer, the heat, the long days, golf, beer tastes better, love to sweat (why I love Hot Yoga), backyard soirées, the list goes on. Winter, with the cold and snow and driving hazards, can just stay away!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

not me!  After the snow dump this past winter in MA, I am happy for summer.  Fall is my favorite season, but alas, it doesn't last that long, and then it is straight into winter.

I am sad that it is mid-to-late July right now.    I feel it has just gone by so quickly.

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Honored Contributor

I hibernate all summer, which for me runs from May through September.  :womanwink:

Respected Contributor

We did have a week heat wave, but generally our summers are nice.  Low 80's as a rule.   It's winters that kill us.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

@HiLo wrote:

Sorry but you are wishing your life away.  When winter comes, you will be tired of that soon enough as well.

Nope, I'm the one on those threads saying I love winter. I never tire of it. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

No hurricanes yet in my area, so I've had a lovely summer with few worries.  I'm enjoying it. High hurricane season is from Aug-Nov, though.

Honored Contributor

Our summer's been a bit different, finally getting heat. I sure love the green, colors of the flowers and the blue sky even the clouds. Our winter's can be so long, so I want to appreciate the warmth and colors (not winter's gray), while we can. Hubs and son love to fish and they're on the lake right now. We don't have drought (feel for CA), and we haven't had to water one day here this year. So, all in all, I'll take what we have and be thankful.

Esteemed Contributor

Bring on the Fall and Winter.....I am plenty tired of Summer, too....