Honored Contributor

Re: I'm shocked -- USPS shipping fees😮😳

Shipping seems to be going up everywhere. Costco used to have free shipping in almost everything....now they charge extra for shipping and have also raised their prices a lot for online orders to include the price.
Premier Protein shakes.....in store have gone from $24.99 to $26.99.
Online now $33.99. I even went there yesterday to find out how to get their coffee for DH without a $3 shipping fee which we have never paid before. They don’t carry in the store any longer and added the fee....so there is no way around it now.
Respected Contributor

They have to get their money somehow and people are not buying stamps like they used to.  Everyone I know pays bills online now saving money they used to spe; sund on stamps, myself included.  Also, people are not sending cards as much for birthdays, etc. because of the cost of the cards plus now people just go on Facebook and say happy birthday. It is all connected; supply and demand.

I used to make homemade cookies at Christmas and send them across the country to my parents at Christmas.  It cost me a fortune then and can only imagine what it would cost now.  I paid it because they loved them so much, and I loved them so much!

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

usps flat rate boxes.....boxes are free, ship for a flat rate, come with tracking, up to $50 insurance. "if it fits it ships"

small flat rate box $7.90 8 11/16" x 5 7/16" x 1 3/4"

medium flat rate box  top loading $14.35 11 1/4" x 8 3/4" x 6"

medium flat rate box side loading $14.35 14" x 12" x 3 1/2"

large flat rate box side loading $19.95 12 1/4" x 12 1/4" x 6"

large flat rate board game box $19.95 24 1/16" x 11 7/8" x 3 1/8"

@sunshine45 

I was going to post this myself & saw yours.  Flat rate boxes are the best way to ship!  We live in HI & we ship like this all the time.  Our family loads up a large flat rate box with all of our southern necessities (a lot of low country yummy goodies) & ships to us every few months.  When we visit back home, we load up a few of them & they are waiting for us when we return home.  Flat rate boxes RULE!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.