Honored Contributor

Re: I'm redecorating my classroom this summer!

My friend is a 3rd grade teacher. She's very enthusiastic and loves to change the "theme" in her classroom yearly. Last summer she spent days decorating her classroom before school started again. Obviously she did something that her school frowned on and they came in and repainted her room all white. They were NOT happy. Too bad a teachers enthusiasm is considered a detriment in her school system. Woman Sad

"Pure Michigan"
Super Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

My friend is a 3rd grade teacher. She's very enthusiastic and loves to change the "theme" in her classroom yearly. Last summer she spent days decorating her classroom before school started again. Obviously she did something that her school frowned on and they came in and repainted her room all white. They were NOT happy. Too bad a teachers enthusiasm is considered a detriment in her school system. Woman Sad

UGH!  I have adminstrators that actually want me to decorate ALL the classrooms in the school.  Smiley Happy

I teach - what's your superpower?
Honored Contributor

@brownponytail80 wrote:

Thanks everyone!

Isn't this awesome too?

For a minute I thought that was the Jolly Green Giant and didn't get it right away.  D'oh!!!!  LOL!

I do like the color scheme - the blues and greens are tranquil - great selections all around.

Have fun Mel!  Decorating and seeing their faces on the 1st day is always fun!

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I always volunteered at my kid's schools. I taught one on one reading and worked in the library. I also assisted with art projects.

Many of the teachers were running out of ideas when it came to classroom decorating. They  gave me an amount to spend and told me to go for it. It was one of my favorite things to do. 

Because of my strange eye issues royal blue was always a harsh color with the florescent lights so I never used it. They were okay with that. 

I am jealous, I wish I could come "play with you".

Honored Contributor

Love it!!!!   Do many teachers do that ?   I have cousin who has been an elemental school teacher for 25 years and she along with her husband and sons always decorate her classroom.  I've even known them to paint walks and do the floors.  I always wondered if a lot of teachers do that.

Super Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Love it!!!!   Do many teachers do that ?   I have cousin who has been an elemental school teacher for 25 years and she along with her husband and sons always decorate her classroom.  I've even known them to paint walks and do the floors.  I always wondered if a lot of teachers do that.

There are a few in my school who paint on occasion.  Not many go all out to "decorate" like the pics I've posted, though.  I love having a very colorful, happy classroom.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

brownponytail80,   Are you the person that used the nic Millie ?

Super Contributor

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

No.

Respected Contributor

@brownponytail80 wrote:

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

No.

WOW,  I'm wrong.   Gosh.  (smile)    

Thanks for answering.    Have a wonderful life.

Esteemed Contributor

@brownponytail80 wrote:

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

No.

Yes she is Mellie 

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines