Super Contributor

Re: I'm redecorating my classroom this summer!

That's my favorite too, raven.

I teach - what's your superpower?
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Seems to me like decorating the classroom then enjoying the children's reaction to it, is what would make a teacher's job fun.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I like the hanging colored balls hanging from the ceiling.  

Trusted Contributor

This brought back many memories.  I'm so glad we have dedicated teachers like you who try to make the classroom an inviting experience for the children and teachers like you who have so much enthusiasm after teaching 12 years.

I taught for about 30 years, all grades from special needs early childhood to special needs high school.  Loved it all except the one year I was at the middle school.  

I would imagine you will be paying for quite a bit of the materials to decorate your room this way, as many teachers do.  I remember when i was teaching I spent around $1,000 each year for the first few years and then when I changed grade levels.  And, the three reasons for being a teacher--June, July, August, just doesn't apply anymore.

I would spend about a week after school was dismissed for the summer going through everything and always went in on August 1 to start unpacking everything.  Then I'd go back in about 4 days before school started because by then registration was over and I could get my caseload list and try to figure out a schedule with the regular division teacher for our team teaching times and my independent instructional time for special needs students.

As I said, your picture brought back memories.  Miss the students, the teaching, and those ah-ha moments, but don't miss all the paperwork and work that I brought home every night.

I hope you have a wonderful school year.  Enjoy.  

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Honored Contributor

Unless you have an outstanding custodian, a lot of what you posted would get very dusty in no time flat.  Something to think about for those with allergies in your classroom.  

Honored Contributor

I love it.  It's bright and cheery and colorful.

I love the reading corner. 

Trusted Contributor

Very nice!
Super Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

Unless you have an outstanding custodian, a lot of what you posted would get very dusty in no time flat.  Something to think about for those with allergies in your classroom.  

The custodians vacuum the floors and fix anything that needs to be fixed.  *I* dust.

Trusted Contributor

Love the ideas. So cheerful. You must be a great and thoughtful teacher to want to decorate this way. 😊
Super Contributor

Thanks everyone!

Isn't this awesome too?