Esteemed Contributor

Re: I'm not on Facebook, but have a question

Well, I checked this morning and it's back to the way it was.   I can view and read the public pages of the rescuesI follow.

Not sure what was going on, but I'm happy!  I didn't want to join just to read, so this works for me.

Thanks to all that answered.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox wrote:

Fb has changed its fomat, I am no longer able to see the profile of others I am in the same groups with I can only see their posts in that particular group

@I am still oxox If you hover your cursor over their name a box should pop up and you can go to their profile by clicking on it.  Not as easy as before, but if you really want to see a profile, you easily can.  A lot of people are putting less in their profiles or making them private these days due to hacking problems.  Same for hiding friends lists.  It's not exactly a hacking problem, but people set up a fake account in your name and then invite all your friends.  Most people just assume their friend has set up a new page and accept the friend request.  I have yet to figure out the purpose of this though.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess  that´s so true. When I receive a Friend Request, I always check my contacts to see if I already have that friend and if I do I would delete it.

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 my problem is I have one particular friend who whenever she THINKS she's been hacked, she thinks she needs to create a new account so I end up having to text her to verify that it's really her creating a new account again.  Really all you have to do is report the duplicate account to Facebook and they'll delete it.  So, usually I make it a habit to post on their page about it.  That way their other friends will also see and know not to accept the friend request.  Then, if the person verifies it's a duplicate, I just go and report it for them.