Esteemed Contributor

I have always been pleased with my purchases from Etsy.

When I bought an American Girl doll for my GD, I purchased many pieces of clothing for “Bella,” as well as well-made furniture made in the USA for dolly.  I did go a bit crazy, I will admit, with the clothing!

Honored Contributor

I have only ordered two things, that was few months ago.  I was very happy with my purchases and happy with the short time it took for me to receive them.  I ordered two handmade necklaces that are made by women in Kenya.  The necklaces are made out of colorful African print fabric, fastened with fasteners.  I never saw anything like them.  A Facebook friend was wearing one and I inquired about it and told me who to buy it from on Etsy.  I received my necklaces in about 3 weeks!  I thought it would take longer but it really is a small world.  

Honored Contributor
@speedy girl. I have ordered 3 different things on Etsy from England. Each one arrived faster than my QVC packages do! I'm not kidding!
Honored Contributor
@gidgetgh. I recently bought a Halloween bag from bagsbyapril. She has the best Halloween ones up! She has raised her prices on the bags and masks. (I had a coupon though for the Halloween one). Have you seen her winter woodland animals one? It's very cute and reminds me of the winter animal stamps that you preordered.
Esteemed Contributor

I've only ordered from Etsy 3 times -- last spring right after the Covid lockdown started.  I received one of my items, but not the other 2.  (both from sellers within the USA)  The sellers took my money (as well as others' money), then closed their 'shops.'   I contacted Etsy directly and got my money back after Etsy confirmed that I had paid for items I'd never received.   The Etsy reps told me that both of those sellers had left the site and couldn't be found for follow-up.. 

I'm sure most of the Etsy sellers are reputable, but I don't plan to ever order from Etsy again.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I'm a very long-term eBayer, both buying and selling, but tried Etsy for a textile art tool. It was vintage, described in detail as working, several photos, and being sold by a woman I knew by reputation in the field--a pro.

What I got was an unfunctional tool, basically broken and not fixable. Not cheap, either. I was not happy and returned it for a refund. That she would sell something she must have known was a paperweight really put me off Etsy, and while I've sometimes looked at things on there for price comparison purposes, I've never bought again and don't think I would. There's also a cutesy clubbish vibe that's not businesslike, and while others find that appealing, I don't. 

Honored Contributor
@wagirl. Must you ruin a thread with your political jabs?
Honored Contributor

Re: I'm new to Etsy

[ Edited ]

I've purchased quite a few things from Etsy----never had a problem ---always pleased with my purchases and experienced fast delivery----(artwork, vintage Christmas items, unique greeting cards and many other items)....One vendor was from Canada....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I’ve ordered some hard-to-find items there.  I ordered a no soliciting sign for our front door but wanted specific language which the vendor did, and it turned out beautifully.  I recently ordered headbands for large heads from a woman who makes them. Love them and I finally have pretty headbands that fit.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I'm new to Etsy

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:
@cotton4me. Gosh, you never struck me as having a "big head." 😁

@Pearlee 

Smiley LOL Lol.