Trusted Contributor

I have those kind of days too. It was especially difficult for about a month after they changed our garbage pickup day. It had been picked up on Wednesday for decades then they changed it to Monday. It was very disorienting. 

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

Don't feel bad it happens all the time to me.

When I was still working I woke up, looked at the clock, holy s*itsnacks I really over slept. Jumped up, grabbed clothes and was mentally cussing out DH who was downstairs watching the news. Why didn't notice I wasn't up and getting ready.

As I'm running downstairs yelling, "why didn't you yell at me, I'm going to be really late?"

He turned around, calmly looked at me and said, "Jane, it's Sunday."

@CrazyKittyLvr2 , Thanks for your story, it reminded me that this happened to me once when I was still working. I guess it's just a glitch in my system.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1   I felt like the the south bound end of a north bound house for yelling at him. Luckily, he knew he was married to a crazy person. lol

I did apologize.

Honored Contributor

@akaburtonfan wrote:

I have those kind of days too. It was especially difficult for about a month after they changed our garbage pickup day. It had been picked up on Wednesday for decades then they changed it to Monday. It was very disorienting. 

@akaburtonfan , They finally have our trash pick up and recycling pick up on the same day. It makes life easier. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 yes it feels disconcerting alot..  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I was up 2 hours before I realized it wasn't Saturday. There were many clues that I just ignored, til I noticed the date on my IPad. Between being retired and being home most of the time, I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often, but it is disconcerting.

PLEASE be good to yourself and don't get too upset. I'm hanging on to my schedule by what grandchild needs to be picked up when and where, and what TV rerun is on for a given night.

Without my music lesson and band rehearsal being 6 o'clock outside instead of 7 inside, the main structure of my life is on hiatus.

We all need to keep telling ourselves that this is temporary. TEMPORARY, I said. TEMPORARY.

Honored Contributor

I'm not retired,  I have been working from my home office for 5 years.  Yes, that has happened to me more often than I care to admit.  It happens midweek for me.  I'll wake up on a Wednesday and think it's Thursday for half the day.  One time I had Zoom meeting on Thursday and signed on to it and no one was there and I waited and waited and then I got mad because I thought they rescheduled and didn't tell me.  I sent an email to my boss who who replied  "the meeting is on Thursday".  Another time, I wasn't feeling well and I took a nap after I finished working at 5pm.  I rarely take naps.  So, I woke up at 8 o'clock and I went into panic mode because I start work at 8am and I was concerned because I'd slept so long.  And I was furious with hubby for not waking me and for leaving for work without telling me.  I jumped in the shower, threw some clothes on and fired up the laptop to start work....and realized for the clock on my laptop....that it was 8:30pm.  I hadn't slept through the night, I only slept 3 hours.  The human mind can do some weird things.  

Esteemed Contributor

Don't feel bad.

Just last week, I got up, got dressed and went in to work which is a half hour drive for me.

I was getting ready to clock in, when my co-worker showed up and asked what I was doing there.

I was there to work, I told him.

We both looked at the schedule, and it was my day off!

I thought that it was a day later than it actually was.

So I came home.

That's getting your days mixed up!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 Aw, you're not alone! Some days I'm not sure of the date or day until I look at my newspaper!! Sometimes Friday seems like Saturday. I can so relate as I think many of us can.

Respected Contributor

Many days I have to ask Alexa!