QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's political

Honored Contributor

Re: I'm losing interest

[ Edited ]

I'm always curious why folks bring up something that they perceive as a fact: that unless QVC caters to its forum members it will lose business.

I've never seen more than about 1000 (one thousand) users online at one time.  It could be 10,000 (ten thousand) and it probably wouldn't make a whole lot of difference to QVC's sales, even if all the users had the same mindset.

From the QVC customer service page: 

"QVC reaches approximately 85 million American homes. More than 190,000 customers shop with QVC every day, and we add more than 194,000 new customers each month."

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Re: I'm losing interest

[ Edited ]

@biancardi wrote:

current events can be discussed here.  the problem is that a few posters have to make it either highly political or religious, when it should not be that way

Cecil threads have been locked because some posters had a political agenda.  Others have managed to stay up despite some people bringing in off topic political stuff into that thread.

there are ways to discuss things here without making it political.

Exactly. Don't blame QVC, the moderators or those who want a civil board for the increased deletions - blame the habitual, deliberate thread-derailers. It's not like they din't know exactly what they're doing, as they're doing it.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

@Lotus wrote:

It is definitely a lot more peaceful here, but I wish the mods would let civil discussions (threads) and remove the offensive posts.

Several posters have mentioned that there was a civil discussion about the debate.....but now it's gone.    It would be nice to have read it.

Hi Lotus!

Good example.  Everyone was civil until someone uninvolved in the discussion showed up and complained several times that we were all breaking the rules.  People had been very careful NOT to talk about politics.

Noel, how could a thread about the debate not be political? It's political by definition.

Don't get me wrong. I will post sometimes on political threads, but I'm just never surprised or, for that matter, upset if they are deleted because I do know that they are prohibited.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

I'm always curious why folks bring up something that they perceive as a fact: that unless QVC caters to its forum members it will lose business.

I've never seen more than about 1000 (one thousand) users online at one time.  It could be 10,000 (ten thousand) and it probably wouldn't make a whole lot of difference to QVC's sales, even if all the users had the same mindset.

From the QVC customer service page: 

"QVC reaches approximately 85 million American homes. More than 190,000 customers shop with QVC every day, and we add more than 194,000 new customers each month."

It's like the "I spend blahblahblah dollars here every week/month, QVC WILL hear me roar!" posters. Some people need to feel they matter terribly - enough to "control" something.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's political

Esteemed Contributor

@JAXS mom wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

I don't blame the moderators.  There have been several very civil conversations on this board recently, civil until someone showed up and started complaining that others were breaking the rules.  Not just one comment, but several comments challenging other posters who were nothing but civil.

Strangely enough, the threads were then taken down, moved, closed, whatever.

Therein lies a large part of the problem, imo. 

I didn't see the thread, as I was actually watching tv probably when the discussion happened. Having said that, the rules are the rules, if someone is starting threads on politics it doesn't matter if it's civil or not as the rules says no political discussions. Crying because someone reported a thread against the rules is rediculous. 

I don't see how this is good commentary for the moderators. If a thread is perfectly acceptable and they remove it for no other reason than someone complained then that's not a good moderator. 

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@JAXS mom wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

I don't blame the moderators.  There have been several very civil conversations on this board recently, civil until someone showed up and started complaining that others were breaking the rules.  Not just one comment, but several comments challenging other posters who were nothing but civil.

Strangely enough, the threads were then taken down, moved, closed, whatever.

Therein lies a large part of the problem, imo. 

I didn't see the thread, as I was actually watching tv probably when the discussion happened. Having said that, the rules are the rules, if someone is starting threads on politics it doesn't matter if it's civil or not as the rules says no political discussions. Crying because someone reported a thread against the rules is rediculous. 

I don't see how this is good commentary for the moderators. If a thread is perfectly acceptable and they remove it for no other reason than someone complained then that's not a good moderator. 

But she's talking about "threads on politics," which are expressly prohibited by the Standards. The thread by definition is not acceptable. We all just hope that when we post politically, that we may be the exception. Sometimes it does slip through the cracks. But how can we be upset when it doesn't, when it gets deleted?

We should be grateful for the ones that are left standing. They are the outliers. But the fact remains that they are a breach of the written rules.

Don't kill me the messenger here. Smiley LOL

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Hope you all had a chance to mark your calendars!!! I sure have!!!!

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I just looked at the rationale for removing a post about a former host (it's still visible in community chat).

It says, this post is removed by QVC because

Okay, because I can? 

Because I said so? 

or because

It's making me chuckle.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise