Esteemed Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

About a month ago we all had a very civil conversation with regard to to the rebel flag being removed in South Carolina.  With a few exceptions, most of us posted our thoughts, pro and con in a respectful manner.  The thread stayed up for hours , in fact until the next day.  Why it was removed is beyond me because the moderators certainly 'did their jobs' controlling the conversation.

Had some disgruntled poster(s) complained about its content?  In that particular thread, it may have been who had started it rather than the subject content.

Your last sentence addresses a good 95% or more of the problems with posts/threads being removed.  It was that way on the old boards and to a lesser extent continues here.

Guess we just have to remember the old saying of she who laughs last laughs best.  Smiley Wink

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Lotus wrote:

It is definitely a lot more peaceful here, but I wish the mods would let civil discussions (threads) and remove the offensive posts.

Several posters have mentioned that there was a civil discussion about the debate.....but now it's gone.    It would be nice to have read it.

To some extent, the moderators do just delete posts instead of the entire thread.  BUT - when the personally rude, baiting, inappropriately snarky posts become numerous, it's not worth a moderator's time or effort to delete individually. A poster or posters will have "turned" a previously civil discussion into something else, and when it has morphed into a downhill catfight amongst several posters, I don't blame the moderators for deleting the thread. And some of this is done deliberately, repeatedly. THAT is something I wish the moderators would address.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

About a month ago we all had a very civil conversation with regard to to the rebel flag being removed in South Carolina.  With a few exceptions, most of us posted our thoughts, pro and con in a respectful manner.  The thread stayed up for hours , in fact until the next day.  Why it was removed is beyond me because the moderators certainly 'did their jobs' controlling the conversation.

Had some disgruntled poster(s) complained about its content?  In that particular thread, it may have been who had started it rather than the subject content.

Your last sentence addresses a good 95% or more of the problems with posts/threads being removed.  It was that way on the old boards and to a lesser extent continues here.

Guess we just have to remember the old saying of she who laughs last laughs bestSmiley Wink

Ain't that the truth! 

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

You all wanted rules you got rules.  Moderators enforce them, not posters.  If certain topics are removed, it is because they are breaking the rules, no matter how civil some think they are.  Posters do not take down topics the subject matter does.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Lotus wrote:

It is definitely a lot more peaceful here, but I wish the mods would let civil discussions (threads) and remove the offensive posts.

Several posters have mentioned that there was a civil discussion about the debate.....but now it's gone.    It would be nice to have read it.

To some extent, the moderators do just delete posts instead of the entire thread.  BUT - when the personally rude, baiting, inappropriately snarky posts become numerous, it's not worth a moderator's time or effort to delete individually. A poster or posters will have "turned" a previously civil discussion into something else, and when it has morphed into a downhill catfight amongst several posters, I don't blame the moderators for deleting the thread. And some of this is done deliberately, repeatedly. THAT is something I wish the moderators would address.

It's usually the same ones too! Location may have changed but they just can't let people alone who are getting along.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

You all wanted rules you got rules.  Moderators enforce them, not posters.  If certain topics are removed, it is because they are breaking the rules, no matter how civil some think they are.  Posters do not take down topics the subject matter does.

Hardly.

Honored Contributor

Re: I'm losing interest

[ Edited ]

QVC isn't the only internet forum out there. Branch out and find other places to post on those topics. This is the message board for a shopping channel after all. It's not meant to be all things to all people. There is no reason QVC needs to allow posting of current events. It has nothing to do with their business model. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

Long before the last board upgrade, many current events and almost all political threads were deleted.  Some posters just do not like each other, some posters always have to lecture, some posters are always right and some posters come here only to stir the pot.

The biggest difference I see is many of the sparring partners are gone.

As for whether or not the board is boring, with the exception of the nightly fights, it never was exactly jumping with excitement.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

DREAM ON  Woman Very Happy

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

@LaVieEnRose wrote:

Ford,

It's never too late to create that board you were dreaming about starting.

That was taken off my hands and, frankly, I only said maybe three sentences about it.  I don't have the interest anymore and am not up to asking my daughter to help me (my children's father is dying and they have been taking turns flying back and forth to California). 

I have been pretty sick myself.  The time has passed and it's just as well. 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986