Honored Contributor

@birkin baby wrote:

But

@Moonchilde wrote:

And for every poster who is bored to tears (yet sticks around to discuss it), there is another, or another 2-3 who are encouraged by the newly enforced civility, those who post more now than on the old forums, and those who left the old forums due to the catfights and are happy to see them gone. And just plain old new posters. Maybe as many as the new posters who seem to know everyone already.

It seems that posters who enjoy this "newly enforced civility" had every opportunity to  not open,read,or participate in a thread.If they were offended or felt bullied they could ignore users or just move along. There was no need for forced civility when one was never forced to stay on a thread.  Now its just a vanilla,bland heavily moderated chat room on most days.  

It seems that the posters who enjoyed the less moderated board had every opportunity to not post deliberately in a rude, insulting, baiting manner. They could have just "moved along" and not done so. They also were not forced to post as they did. They also had a choice. QVC apparently doesn't appreciate that choice.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree werent you going to start your own board also?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Re: I'm losing interest

[ Edited ]

@Tabbycat wrote:

I agree with all of you. And dare complain about something or some smart alec will come along and tell you if you don't like it go post somwhere else! 

Totally uncalled for! GRRRR .... And yes,  I will yell if I want to!!!

The new board bullies! Self-appointed de facto moderators. Talk about "baiting" but are their lectures ever poofed? Of course not. I do think that the mods have pulled back a bit from the shock and awe days when this new format launched. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Valued Contributor

Anonymity can breed hate, and there's enough hate in the world. Although I am not familiar with the former forum, I have gathered that it was far more controversial (lively, argumentative? political?) and that moderators now oversee this so things stay rather tame.  I prefer the friendly exchanges.  It's fun and informative to spend time here.   I wouldn't want to deny anyone the right to vent; I simply think like-minded posters ought to be able to stick together. If a happy thread has been started, why must Debbie Downer add her two cents? She can find her own thread, and all the people who hate so-and-so's hair or XYZ's nail polish can complain together! THIS is why I'm losing interest.

Honored Contributor

Just my observation on this thread: there will always be whiners and scolders-- It's the way of forums. Enjoy the day here folks-- its too nice a day to waste it indoors.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

I would to have more lively discussions here  and at the same time appreciate the new moderation.

Here's an idea, why not allow such discussion and have the moderator stand by and zap the 'drive bys', stalkers, and nasties?

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Melania2 wrote:

I guess the OP missed the respectful discussion about Thursday night or the DT discussion that was presectful as well so perhaps she needs to not lump ALL discussions being limited in one basket.

@Melania i agree! those were good discussions and lasted quite awhile.....it was nice to see it stay civil in that moment it was happening.

I agree.   I've seen many interesting discussions that were a pleasure to read - very civil.

Most of the mods I've seen have tried to allow interesting discussions and have tried to remind everyone to stay on topic and be civil.   

Personally, I much prefer this atmosphere compared to what the old forum had turned into.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Honored Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

@Tabbycat wrote:

I agree with all of you. And dare complain about something or some smart alec will come along and tell you if you don't like it go post somwhere else! 

The new board bullies! Self-appointed de facto moderators. Talk about "baiting" but are their lectures ever poofed? Of course not. I do think that the mods have pulled a bit from the shock and awe days when this new format launched. 

Bully-by-proxy? Hardly. There's only one set of moderators on these forums - the ones working for QVC.  THEY decide what goes or what stays. No poster is twisting, or is able to twist, their arm. They simply apply QVC's newly enforced, pre-existent Standards more promptly now.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Frequent Contributor

Ford,

It's never too late to create that board you were dreaming about starting.

Respected Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

@Tabbycat wrote:

The new board bullies! Self-appointed de facto moderators. Talk about "baiting" but are their lectures ever poofed? Of course not. I do think that the mods have pulled back a bit from the shock and awe days when this new format launched. 

couldn't agree more and if I did it would be too unkind or unfriendly