Valued Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I just looked at the rationale for removing a post about a former host (it's still visible in community chat).

It says, this post is removed by QVC because

Okay, because I can? 

Because I said so? 

or because

It's making me chuckle.

Based on the thread title which is a total LOL, I'd say the Mod was probably at a total loss for words.  (Or was laughing so hard could not finish typing.)

Happy_smiley_face.png

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Respected Contributor

I like this board --for what it is.  The moderation seems fine to me.  For controversial topics, I go to the board Lilac Tree mentioned.  We are not allowed to give its name--the moderators told me that.

Honored Contributor

I'm not unhappy with this board at all.  It's a little uneven, but that may work itself out.

It's a big improvement over the nastiness that was rampant before.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

@SHIRAZ wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

I just looked at the rationale for removing a post about a former host (it's still visible in community chat).

Okay, because I can? 

Because I said so? 

or because

It's making me chuckle.

Based on the thread title which is a total LOL, I'd say the Mod was probably at a total loss for words.  (Or was laughing so hard could not finish typing.)

Happy_smiley_face.png

That was my take on it. Hilarious. The mod could have said "Duh!" and the reason would be apparent 😏

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@SHIRAZ wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

Okay, because I can? 

Because I said so? 

or because

It's making me chuckle.

Happy_smiley_face.png

That was my take on it. Hilarious. The mod could have said "Duh!" and the reason would be apparent 😏

What thread?

Honored Contributor

For someone to say, 'they are losing interest' means they are missing something from the previous forums.

Could it be the fighting among posters that it got so badly out of hand that there wasn't enough popcorn in the country to eat while it went down??

Could it be that the moderation was almost non-existent?

Could it be posters that followed others around to other threads to bring their arguments to another thread?

Could it be posters who came to just 'stir the pot' and watch as posters argued back and forth?

Nope, don't miss any of that and for that, the old board had 'no interest' for me.

It's nice to be able to post without all of the things I mentioned above happening. I like posting in peace w/o the feeling  that I am in the midst of a pit bull fight the way the previous forum felt at times.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

For someone to say, 'they are losing interest' means they are missing something from the previous forums.

Could it be the fighting among posters that it got so badly out of hand that there wasn't enough popcorn in the country to eat while it went down??

Could it be that the moderation was almost non-existent?

Could it be posters that followed others around to other threads to bring their arguments to another thread?

Could it be posters who came to just 'stir the pot' and watch as posters argued back and forth?

Nope, don't miss any of that and for that, the old board had 'no interest' for me.

It's nice to be able to post without all of the things I mentioned above happening. I like posting in peace w/o the feeling  that I am in the midst of a pit bull fight the way the previous forum felt at times.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/2c/b6/57/2cb65740cfc8e3e6280e6404b81a956e.jpg

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@jubilant wrote:

@Lotus wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

i dont get it......wasnt the OTHER board created so those of you who dont enjoy posting here can talk about anything, everything, and everyone THERE?

Something in-between......like the old board here.....would be nice.

...............I agree....something in between would be so much better. I can remember how the kids in school very much disliked the teacher that kept everyone after class because of a couple troublemakers.  No one wanted to get her for a teacher.  That is what it promotes.

Jubilant, I'm making my way through this thread, so I hope I'm not repeating something.

I would have no interest in Reditt other than when it comes up in a search for reviews of a product. The site has been in the news the past couple weeks precisely because it has become a haven for some of the most vile and disgusting posts (racist and sexist to the max). The owners are comtemplating changes because it's so bad that they are worried about sponsors leaving. The posts could not even be repeated in any of the articles.

.........................Thank you for the heads up. I'm glad you let me know.

Respected Contributor

Re: I'm losing interest

[ Edited ]

@LilacTree wrote:

There is so much going on around us and we can't talk about any of it.  I feel as though I am in grade school.

I find there are days when I don't even log in.  That hasn't happened very much since I've been a member here.

ALL current events should not be unacceptable.

No offense but how many threads 

have you started

on current events or whatever it is 

you're missing here @LilacTree?

Thats a question for everybody too. 

I think posters are assuming they 

can't have topics and so they don't 

even try. For those complaining

what interesting threads did YOU 

start that got

closed are you just assuming and

not trying?  jmho.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Honored Contributor

Re: I'm losing interest

[ Edited ]

It seemed to me like QVC wanted to keep things more light and airy.  It's true.... we can go somewhere else to discuss "deeper" things.  Some of you are happy that the moderators are sticking to the standards..... and for not letting things get political..... and then you deny that talking about the debate was political just because it seemed everyone  was staying within the standards???  Really?  Please go back and read the standards!  We broke them and so did the moderators.   It was allowed and it was political.  It's naive to think it wasn't.... just because we didn't argue.  There were many subtle undertones  that many of us picked up in some of those posts.  "Nice" as they were, let's not fool ourselves.  The makings of a nasty debate were pretty darn close to the surface and I think we all pretty well know that.