Super Contributor

I'm looking forward to a cozy sleep tonight - with my winter sheets.

I needed to launder my percale sheets, and it is late in the day, so I pulled out my polar fleece sheets from my linen closet.  Even though they have a few pills, they still feel cozy.  I love fall, when I can snuggle in winter sheets and blankets, also the sunrise is later, sunset is earlier so I feel comfort in the darker hours.  Living in a 4 season state is great for me to reset my mind and sanity!  

I know I would love to live on the beach (well, Panama City Beach), but I'm not sure after the storms that I would enjoy that.  So for now, little old Nebraska (slogan, Honestly it's not for everyone?) is fine for me.  Disclaimer, that's the adopted slogan, but it's kind of stupid.

Honored Contributor

Re: I'm looking forward to a cozy sleep tonight - with my winter sheets.

It's suddenly pretty cold here in SE PA...a high of only 54 today and to me it feels like winter since I'm not used to it yet.  We finally turned the heat on but I believe it's supposed to get warm again in a few days.

Esteemed Contributor

Same here in Philly.  In the 50's now, back into the mid 70's on Wednesday or Thursday and then staying that way for a few days.  Sigh

Respected Contributor

We turned the heat on here in the southern part of NC over the weekend. I'm not sure if it's the cold or the dampness that gets to us. 

Esteemed Contributor

It is 7:00 pm, 75° in Minneapolis and predicted to get even warmer tomorrow.🌞 No winter sheets for us--our windows are open.

While other parts or the country have suffered through a difficult winter and now the terribly tragic hurricanes, we somehow were given a reprieve. Our winter was relatively easy and we have not had to have air conditioning on since the end of July or beginning of August.

Honored Contributor

@cindyNC wrote:

We turned the heat on here in the southern part of NC over the weekend. I'm not sure if it's the cold or the dampness that gets to us. 

@cindyNC 

It's fall mainly.

Respected Contributor

We thought fall was trying to come in...but now it is in the mid to upper 80's and the  nights are mid 50's. Still need the a/c...this is fall, ya'll! At least the blazing summer is over. The worst I can ever remember...some nights it was still 100 degrees at midnight.

Esteemed Contributor

It's 62 in Snellville Georgia. Wish it would DROP!! Love the cold.

Esteemed Contributor

I was just saying that to DH, it's time for the polar sheets!!   I love them and yes they are cozy though I still love my LL Bean Flannel sheets too, I alternate them all fall and winter.

It is getting chilly in the northeast though we will still squeeze some low 70's in this coming week, it has actually been in the 40's at night.  Put the heat on for the first time on October 1st!

Welcome Fall Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Nope---am still under my summer bedding---here is WA state it is still summer----still in summer clothes too--very unusual for us. Looking forward to the coolness and even the rain!!!