Trusted Contributor

I'm looking for a good, reasonably priced, locally available probiotic. Any suggestions?

My cousin suggested a powder probiotic to me and that form really appealed to me...throw it in a drink and be done. Unfortunately, it gets really clumpy no matter the temperature of the drink and I haven't really liked it. She said it had no taste, but it definitely has a taste and it's unpleasant at that.

So I thought I would investigate further and get some opinions. If you have a probiotic that you like please let me know. I live in North Jersey and we have a lot of stores around here (except Wegman's! Grrr!).

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

Re: I'm looking for a good, reasonably priced, locally available probiotic. Any suggestions?

I get Trunature probiotics from Costco. Every so often there's a coupon price and I stock up.

Respected Contributor

Re: I'm looking for a good, reasonably priced, locally available probiotic. Any suggestions?

My husband takes Floragen3, available everywhere. Refrigerated capsules, one a day. Around thirteen dollars a month or so. He was given massive amounts of antibiotics last year in a hospital setting so they started him on probiotics then, told him to just continue them at home.

+++

Florajen3 is a unique blend of three probiotic cultures
and is highly effective for restoring and maintaining gastrointestinal health and supporting the immune system. It is also beneficial to vaginal flora.

15 Billion live cultures per capsule

Available in 30 and 60 capsules

Ingredients:
A freeze-dried strain of live:
Lactobacillus acidophilus—over 7.5 billion
Bifidobacterium lactis—over 6.0 billion
Bifidobacterium longum—over 1.5 billion

Other ingredients: Rice maltodextrin and gelatin capsules. Non-Dairy.
Does not
contain yeast, sugar, soy, eggs, corn, wheat, gluten, coloring or preservatives.

Usage: Take 1 capsule daily unless a higher dosage is recommended by your health care professional, preferably on an empty stomach.

Storage: Refrigerate for maximum freshness and effectiveness. Can be stored at room temperature for up to two weeks while traveling and still maintain effectiveness.

Honored Contributor

On 2/1/2015 tansy said:

I get Trunature probiotics from Costco. Every so often there's a coupon price and I stock up.

A 90-day supply is under 20 bucks.

Honored Contributor

Culturelle from Costco.
A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Trusted Contributor

I have taken both Wal-Mart's Spring Valley brand of Acidophilus, and also the Trader Joe's brand. Both are reasonably priced, in my opinion. They are sold on the shelf, and are caplets. They don't require refrigeration.

The Trader Joe's brand has a couple different strains in it. I think that Trader Joe's sells two different types, if I am not mistaken.

I will also eat frozen yogurt for a change, too. I look for the kind that has live cultures in it. Dannon makes frozen yogurt with live cultures in it.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you all for the recommendations. I will look into each of them. I will admit the Costco products have an edge, as that is my favorite store. Wink

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*