Honored Contributor

I'm in unsubscribing mode these days

I've always gotten around to unsubscribing from sites that flood me with e-mails and that I don't have any use for.

But today I unsubscribed from two sites that I love...too much. :-) I get too tempted with their flash sales and promos and rewards, oh my. I was finding myself so enthusiastic about saving money that I was spending when I hadn't really planned on it. 

So I clicked my way out of it, at least for now. If there's an amazing sale in the forest, and I don't know about it, it doesn't exist. 

Anyone else done this to avoid the trap?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Re: I'm in unsubscribing mode these days

I'm weak, I mark it as spam so it goes somewhere that I can double check before I do the final delete, lol.

The eyes of the future are looking back at us and they are praying for us to see beyond our own time
Terry Tempest Williams
Esteemed Contributor

Unsubscribing is a gift that I give to myself!! I do review my emails on a daily basis... out they go

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I'm weak, I mark it as spam so it goes somewhere that I can double check before I do the final delete, lol.

Thank goodness I'm not that clever, @Bird mama. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I have spells where I ruthlessly send half my daily email off permanently into cyberspace.  I get sick of looking at daily ads.  Companies would do better to quit the harassment and just send an occasional message. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I've done the same thing. Groupon, ebates, mr. rebates are terrible with their constant bombardment. I think at some point it becomes counterproductive for business,

since people opt out.

Respected Contributor

I seem to subscribe when Im on "the hunt" for that one thing....after that I unsubscribe.

Too many eager spam emails about items Im not the least interested in.

That "gotta have it" phase passed when I realized the % of returns after the huge, disappointing "meh" with many purchases.

Honored Contributor

I agree with you all, but let me reiterate that I unsubscribe all the time from nuisance stuff.

But today I unsubscribed from two beloved sites, simply because I am too spineless in the face of the promos, flash sales, and reward point.

Valued Contributor

I go thru spurts of what I subscribe to and unsubscribe. For a while it was cooking blogs but most recipes had ingredients too difficult to find in a rural area. 

Now I'm subscribing to cruelty free cosmetic sites. 

Esteemed Contributor

I also pared down the places that I get sale notifications.....it seemed that they were sending them daily!