Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: I'm having the day from hell.

Hang in  there.  We have all been in a similar situation.  Here is what keeps me going each morning... something that my father taught me.

Get up and say.... TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF MY LIFE....  MAKE IT COUNT.  

Honored Contributor

My day was going well until husbands TV started having the same issues I've had with my TV for a month.  I've tolerated it for a month, but a call has to be made as soon as it affects his TV!

He insisted I call DirecTV, even tho he knew how that turned out when I called last month.   I told him I would rather coat myself in chocolate and sit nekkid on an ant hill than make that call, but I did it.  

50 minutes of my life wasted running from one end of the house to the other rebooting 4 TV's and reading off all the messages, before I finally hear the magic words, "I need to send a technician to your home!"    

Trusted Contributor

Join the club....

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa What a lovely post!

Respected Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

I have several medical issues that are very distressing right now. Less than an hour ago, I was having an endoscopy, and as soon as I walked in the door, my husband dropped a bomb on me that one of my medical people is refusing to refill a prescription.

I have to get this straightened out right away because these are really important medications I have to take. There's more to it but you get the idea.

THEN...My credit card company sent me a replacement for the card that's due to expire at the end of this month. I activated it this morning. Again, as I walked in the door, my husband had to tell me that someone was making charges on my card in Indiana, and so, after less than 8 hours, my credit card company had to cancel my card (and the replacement will be here in just a couple of days).

While I was trying to get the prescription issue cleared up with my pharmacy and my husband CAN see I'm on the phone, he starts hollering at me to get my attention and waving his arms around like an electrocuted babboon. (That was kind of funny but I sure wasn't laughing at the moment.)

And the day's not over yet; I wonder what else can go wrong? Whew!

Find a new husband, sounds like you need a change.

Honored Contributor

I have the same experience as @IcePrincess 

I try not to complain about my pharmacy, I've used the same pharmacist for over 10 years, which is so unusual these days.  He always double checks any new meds to be sure they don't interact with other meds or are contraindicated with any of my diagnoses.

I have to be proactive with getting refills

I hear the same things,, the pharmacy hasn't heard back yet but when I call the physician, they tell me they responded hours before.    Everything is electronic now, nothing is done by phone or fax.    I think it just gets overlooked at the pharmacy. They do stay very busy.   It's a small, independent pharmacy

I'm so sorry everything hit you at once.   

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

My day was going well until husbands TV started having the same issues I've had with my TV for a month.  I've tolerated it for a month, but a call has to be made as soon as it affects his TV!

He insisted I call DirecTV, even tho he knew how that turned out when I called last month.   I told him I would rather coat myself in chocolate and sit nekkid on an ant hill than make that call, but I did it.  

50 minutes of my life wasted running from one end of the house to the other rebooting 4 TV's and reading off all the messages, before I finally hear the magic words, "I need to send a technician to your home!"    

@RedTop that happened once, twice, three times with Fios and I finally told them I was done doing their job!

Esteemed Contributor

I hope today goes much better for you {{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Send your husband on 20 errands for you, you've both earned it. (LOL).Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

As unpleasant of a day you had , you still managed to post it in a nice and kept it to a minnium , but we still felt your pain , Tomorrow i predict you will have an wonderful day.

From your lips to God's ears! Thank you (all) for your kind words.