Honored Contributor

Re: I'm having the day from hell.

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

I have several medical issues that are very distressing right now. Less than an hour ago, I was having an endoscopy, and as soon as I walked in the door, my husband dropped a bomb on me that one of my medical people is refusing to refill a prescription.

I have to get this straightened out right away because these are really important medications I have to take. There's more to it but you get the idea.

THEN...My credit card company sent me a replacement for the card that's due to expire at the end of this month. I activated it this morning. Again, as I walked in the door, my husband had to tell me that someone was making charges on my card in Indiana, and so, after less than 8 hours, my credit card company had to cancel my card (and the replacement will be here in just a couple of days).

While I was trying to get the prescription issue cleared up with my pharmacy and my husband CAN see I'm on the phone, he starts hollering at me to get my attention and waving his arms around like an electrocuted babboon. (That was kind of funny but I sure wasn't laughing at the moment.)

And the day's not over yet; I wonder what else can go wrong? Whew!

@GoneButNotForgotten   Be calm and remember to carry on as if nothing happened and in 3-4 years, it will seem as though it was nothing.  Time is on your side.  Time heals all.  You cannot do everything all at one time.  So just do what is most important and let the rest take care of itself.  Obviously, your credit card bank is taking care of that on their end.  You can ask your husband very pleasantly to be calm and allow you to take care of one thing at a time.  Get a good night sleep and begin again tomorrow.  Nothing you can do in haste will make it better.  Just be calm and go at it one thing at a time.  Remember God loves you and so do many others.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Kachina624 Nowhere did the OP state she uses a mail order pharmacy, not that I saw.

@Love my grandkids   I'm quite aware of that but I do.  I'm relating MY experience,  not hers.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 @Love my grandkids, even walk in pharmacies won't refill without getting the okay from the doctor.  For some reason, I seem to have to always call my doctor about refills.  The pharmacy tells me they called and haven't heard back, but my doctor's office will tell me that the pharmacy never contacted them.  But, as long as I call the doctor, the rx gets renewed. 

Also, at least once a year, the credit card for my premium payment to BCBS refuses to pay.  They will only try once and then they will send me a letter.  Until I get that cleared up, they put a freeze on me getting my prescriptions.  I should be able to pay out of pocket and get it though.  I did have to do that once when I had a prescription thorough one of those mail order pharmacies REQUIRED by my insurance where I had not received my refill even though they had claimed to have sent it and my insurance wouldn't pay for a 2nd one.  And the insurance company refused to speak with my husband even though he was the one paying the bill and I said it was okay.

Respected Contributor

I hate days like that. Been there done that, hope things get better.

Respected Contributor

As unpleasant of a day you had , you still managed to post it in a nice and kept it to a minnium , but we still felt your pain , Tomorrow i predict you will have an wonderful day.

Respected Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten  Wishing you a much better and brighter day tomorrow!  I hope your medical issues improve dramatically, too. 

Respected Contributor

I have several medical issues that are very distressing right now. Less than an hour ago, I was having an endoscopy, and as soon as I walked in the door, my husband dropped a bomb on me that one of my medical people is refusing to refill a prescription.

I have to get this straightened out right away because these are really important medications I have to take. There's more to it but you get the idea.

THEN...My credit card company sent me a replacement for the card that's due to expire at the end of this month. I activated it this morning. Again, as I walked in the door, my husband had to tell me that someone was making charges on my card in Indiana, and so, after less than 8 hours, my credit card company had to cancel my card (and the replacement will be here in just a couple of days).

While I was trying to get the prescription issue cleared up with my pharmacy and my husband CAN see I'm on the phone, he starts hollering at me to get my attention and waving his arms around like an electrocuted babboon. (That was kind of funny but I sure wasn't laughing at the moment.)

And the day's not over yet; I wonder what else can go wrong? Whew!

Did you know that there is a full moon out tonight ?

After almost 3 hours we spent at a Verizon store today, at the end the sales / tech young fellow started to tell us what a strange day he had.  Took him over to the window and pointed at the full moon.   Ohhh....

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten   "electrocuted babboon" 283917.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Sorry your day is bad, but you gave me a smile!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten 

When you entered your pin # in the cc machine, do you shield it and/or block the view so no one can see you entering your pin?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif