Respected Contributor

I'm having the day from hell.

I have several medical issues that are very distressing right now. Less than an hour ago, I was having an endoscopy, and as soon as I walked in the door, my husband dropped a bomb on me that one of my medical people is refusing to refill a prescription.

I have to get this straightened out right away because these are really important medications I have to take. There's more to it but you get the idea.

THEN...My credit card company sent me a replacement for the card that's due to expire at the end of this month. I activated it this morning. Again, as I walked in the door, my husband had to tell me that someone was making charges on my card in Indiana, and so, after less than 8 hours, my credit card company had to cancel my card (and the replacement will be here in just a couple of days).

While I was trying to get the prescription issue cleared up with my pharmacy and my husband CAN see I'm on the phone, he starts hollering at me to get my attention and waving his arms around like an electrocuted babboon. (That was kind of funny but I sure wasn't laughing at the moment.)

And the day's not over yet; I wonder what else can go wrong? Whew!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I'm having the day from hell.

@GoneButNotForgotten 

I'm sorry that you are having such a bad day.

Here's hoping that tomorrow will be better!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten. Be advised that these mail order pharmacies tend to become hysterical just because a doctor hasn't yet returned their message to renew a prescription.  They're scared to death they're going to lose a sale.  I went through that last week.  A simple email to my doctor and the problem was fixed.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 Nowhere did the OP state she uses a mail order pharmacy, not that I saw.

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten I'm sorry .... "electrocuted baboon" ha ha ha ha.  I'm married to one of those.  If I ever did that to him, he would totally freak out at me.  Oh, the burdens of life.

Trusted Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten , hope things are going better.

My mom had always told me when I had a bad day "Everything Will Be Better In The Morning"!   If things are not already better for you, hope the morning will be better.

Loved "electrocuted babboon"......that put a BIG smile on my face - too funny!!!!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten  What a day you have had!  I hope by now, you have had an opportunity to eat a good dinner, put your feet up, have a glass of wine (or something), and can relax.  Tomorrow has to be better!

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Sounds like a bad day. I hope everything works out.

Honored Contributor

somebody tried to bogart my credit card and tried to spend 630 on groceries. They called me I hung up on them thinking it was yet another scam when they wanted to "renumber" my credit card.

I hung up on them and called the credit card #, myself to verify it was a scam.   It wasn't.   When they told me about a person trying to order 630 worth of food and charge it off on me. 

They cancelled that card and I got my new one today.

as far as the husband goes let's just say I won't be making that mistake again. Once is enough for me. I know women who say "I can't be alone" boo hoo, boo hoo.     Won't be my problem I can assure you.

Trusted Contributor

Yikes!  Definitely an off day.

Have a glass of wine and go to bed!  

Hope something extra nice happens tomorrow to make up for today.