Honored Contributor

Re: I'm going to be having Olympic withdrawals again!

@libbyannE wrote:

I agree with the sentiments here. We watched much of the coverage and will miss it. I think, in reading posts here, what we are feeling is the joy of humanity coming together and wanting everyone to be their best. The Olympics gives joy and shows the best of people. The idea of everyone standing and cheering on everyone else is the best take-away and a sort of life lesson. 

what network is covering the Paralympics.? I'm afraid it will be an obscure one that we don't get. But I will be watching if I can. It's about time that the Paralympics got due coverage.

NBC Olympics presents more than 70 hours of coverage of the 2016 Paralympic Games from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, across NBC, NBCSN, and the NBC Sports app.

NBC Olympics’ coverage of the 2016 Rio Paralympic Games begins Wednesday, September 7, at 7 p.m. ET on NBCSN, with the Opening Ceremony.

http://www.teamusa.org/US-Paralympics/Features/2016/August/18/NBC-OLYMPICS-ANNOUNCES-COMMENTATORS-FO...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

To me China has the best Opening Ceremony! It was so fantastic, I could hardly take my eyes off of it!!!!!!I think Japan will do  good job with their opening ceremony as well.....Where are the Winter Olympics being held?

Valued Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

To me China has the best Opening Ceremony! It was so fantastic, I could hardly take my eyes off of it!!!!!!I think Japan will do  good job with their opening ceremony as well.....Where are the Winter Olympics being held?

@CANDLEQUEEN

The 2018 Winter Olympics will take place in Pyeongchang, South Korea, from Friday, February 9, 2018 to Sunday, February 25, 2018.

Valued Contributor

I have loved the Olympics from as long as I can remember--I think the first Olympics I really remember watching is 1972--Olga Korbut and Mark Spitz--come on, ladies, I KNOW you all had a crush on him, too--LOL!  I was quite young and impressionable, and I thought for SURE I could be a gymnast like Olga--NOT!  I, too, always go through withdrawals--I love color, sportmanship, patriotism--it's all just so wonderful!

Honored Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

I agree with the sentiments here. We watched much of the coverage and will miss it. I think, in reading posts here, what we are feeling is the joy of humanity coming together and wanting everyone to be their best. The Olympics gives joy and shows the best of people. The idea of everyone standing and cheering on everyone else is the best take-away and a sort of life lesson. 

what network is covering the Paralympics.? I'm afraid it will be an obscure one that we don't get. But I will be watching if I can. It's about time that the Paralympics got due coverage.

I think  you summed it up nicely, @libbyannE.    Regarding the Paralympics, I saw on the news that only about 12% of their tickets were sold.   Here's their website for those interested:

https://www.paralympic.org/rio-2016

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Valued Contributor

Relive the best of Team USA at Rio:

https://twitter.com/i/moments/764202715194986496

Honored Contributor

Although I would like to follow the paraolympics...it's kind of too much, following the olympics, when many of us have stayed up late and negelcted other things we had to do.  

I'm way behind schedule with so many things, and do need at least three nights of extra sleep to get caught up.

Super Contributor

@GATORGIRL wrote:

Relive the best of Team USA at Rio:

https://twitter.com/i/moments/764202715194986496

That's nice!  Thanks @GATORGIRL!