Honored Contributor

Re: I'm going to be 40 this summer....

@Mellie32 wrote:

I'm not upset about it --- just kind of shocked.  Where did all the time go?  I feel like I'm still in my 20s.  

@Mellie32 

A Happy 40th to you whenever that might be. Monday I will have #81. Take my word for it: "the older you get, the faster time slips by"! 

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Mellie32    Enjoy your youth...I am 65 this summer, and it does surprise me...time has flown.  Happy Birthday!

Honored Contributor

@Mellie32 wrote:

I'm not upset about it --- just kind of shocked.  Where did all the time go?  I feel like I'm still in my 20s.  

Dear Heart, wait till you're looking at 73 (me this fall) and then ask yourself the same question.  There's others here, older than I am.  I'm sure they ask the same thing!!

Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Mellie32 wrote:

@Mellie32 

A Happy 40th to you whenever that might be. Monday I will have #81. Take my word for it: "the older you get, the faster time slips by"! 

hckynut(john)

Well, happy birthday then John!!!!! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mellie32 wrote:

Accept it and don't worry about it. Time marches on. 

corrected spelling

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I remember the summer I turned 40.  I was living out in CA.

My father - and his great sense of humor - for my birthday, sent me a kit to make a dollhouse.  

-------------------

ETA:  I'll be 78  this month!

Frequent Contributor

I'm going to be 70 soon andI mentally I don't feel anywhere close to that. My body definitely looks and feels my age but inside I feel much younger. I think your attitude is what's important. Enjoy your day!

Respected Contributor

My mom always told me you will always be that young girl in your head and she was so right. I will be 65 this year and it’s  all good. I love my birthdays and at 40, I bet you are just growing into yourself. It does get better in my opinion...enjoy your 40th this summer!

Esteemed Contributor

Happy early Birthday to you, @Mellie32. I am almost 52. I don't know where the time has gone either, and I wish I could get some of it back.

Respected Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

i'm going to be 70 this summer.....

@nana59   Me, too.  Where did the time go?  Seems like only yesterday that I was 30!