Esteemed Contributor

Re: I'm getting so frustrated with the USPS

Informed Delivery has stated that I had no mail on Thursday or Friday. I went to my mail box today and lo and behold there was my check from the Treasury Department. I was surprised but happy. What is happening with Informed Delivery!!! So I guess the system is broken and we are on our own.

Trusted Contributor

@CritterKeeper - I stopped purchasing live plants from QVC and other online plant retailers because of USPS.

This happened pre-Covid: I caught up to my mail carrier at the neighbor's mailbox to hand them a package to mail and the letter carrier said, "Oh, I think I have something else for you." Turned out to be my live plants from Q. The box was too big for the mailbox and obviously didn't want to get out of her truck to walk the box to my porch (short distance.)

It was spring, but unusually hot, and the plants were dead. No idea how long they were riding around in the back of her vehicle. Not QVC's fault. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I sell on Etsy and Ebay, so I mail a lot of packages. For years, the cost has continued to go up, yet, service has declined. In my small town post office, the trash bins are always overflowing with junk mail circulars and the floors rarely get moped. Finally, the mayor filed a complaint with the Post Master General against the newest post master and she is now out of a job! 

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Respected Contributor

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@CritterKeeper - I stopped purchasing live plants from QVC and other online plant retailers because of USPS.

This happened pre-Covid: I caught up to my mail carrier at the neighbor's mailbox to hand them a package to mail and the letter carrier said, "Oh, I think I have something else for you." Turned out to be my live plants from Q. The box was too big for the mailbox and obviously didn't want to get out of her truck to walk the box to my porch (short distance.)

It was spring, but unusually hot, and the plants were dead. No idea how long they were riding around in the back of her vehicle. Not QVC's fault. 

I'm glad you brought this up. I received my tomato plants from Philip yesterday or I should say last night. Again the box (that looked like someone squished it) was just thrown in my driveway (upside down) by the street and it was after dark. When did mail delivery become a 7pm deal? I'm lucky I noticed the smashed up box or it would have been gone by morning. One plant destroyed and the other 2 banged around real good.....hope they survive. Things are not right at the USPS and getting worse fast.

Honored Contributor

I mentioned upthread I had sent something out Monday and as of today it's had no updates on it.

I will never, ever use the post office again to mail a package or important papers.  I don't care if it costs more, I'll use Fed Ex or UPS.

Honored Contributor

@CritterKeeper :My package has been at the local post office for over a week. I need this package for next Saturday and this was ordered a month early. Just checked the tracking and told to check back in a couple of days. We have the Usps informed delivery. We had mailed schedule for delivery every day but two days last week the mail wasn't delivered and postman noted- failed delivery because mail box was full. This wasn't true because DH checks the mail every day. Previously our mail was delivered between 10 and 10:30 am but now delivered after 5 pm. 🤷‍♀️

Honored Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

I went to mail a letter after hours at the drop box located in the driveway of our local post office and it was so full it was starting to come out of the opening to insert letters.  And this was one of those big double wide freestanding drop box.  

@itsmagic    You should have snapped a photo and sent it to your local newspaper and/or TV stations. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Friday night April 16, I ordered something from Ebay. I received the package via USPS this morning April 19.

Placed an order with QVC on April 15. Received the package today on April 20 via USPS.

Frequent Contributor

Here we go with the post office bashing again. Considering what has happened since DeJoy was put in charge, not to mention having to deal with a global pandemic, they are still doing an incredibly amazing job under the worst of circumstances, and under some of the most challenging and arduous conditions, on an everyday basis.  This repeated criticism of the post office gets really, really old and tiring.

Trusted Contributor

My huge package, from Connecticut to Georgia, was lost for nearly two weeks.  It was found in New Jersey two days ago.  However, since that date, it has not been scanned so I don't know where it is today.  I am one of those people who believes the USPS should deliver Monday through Friday, closing on the weekend.  Also, I would like to see uniform station hours.  In my area, the opening times are 8, 8:30, 9, and 9:30; some even close an hour for lunch, but those times are staggered, too.  Don't get me started on when mail is delivered at my house:  I live next door to a distribution center.  My mail arrives anywhere between 9:30 and 6, depending upon the delivery person.