Trusted Contributor

Re: I'm getting so frustrated with the USPS

I shipped a $760 fully-insured piece of pottery on April 5.  USPS doesn't know where it is.  It was last scanned leaving the post office where I shipped it.  I have been given various reasons - from Covid to not sending by express mail which is the only guaranteed service - why my package is lost.  No one will admit negligence.  Yesterday I learned that several packages mailed at the post office in question on the same day as mine are also missing.  

Respected Contributor

@CritterKeeper wrote:

@itsmagic  SMH. 

There are pictures floating around of the USPS terminal in Baltimore with bins overflowing with mail. 

At Christmas time, our local terminal (SE Michigan) was on the news showing trucks lined up outside, full of undelivered mail. 

Valued Contributor

@catter70  Yeas, I really think there needs to be something done. The government needs to step in and get to the bottom of this. I understand some delay, but getting Christmas cards in February? Ridiculous!  

Valued Contributor

@Suzeecat  Good grief! 

Respected Contributor

@CritterKeeper , You're right. I just got 2 magazines for the month of Jan.

Valued Contributor

I think I may invest in some carrier pigeons! :-) 

Honored Contributor

My mail delivery person and those that cover for him when he is off say they are all disgusted with the incompetent post master general who knows nothing about USPS and is determined to make it so inept that he will be able to accomplish what he was put in charge to do and that is privatizing the PO.  It's already been proven over and over that privatizing government run services has not worked as having less workers and paying most minimum wage  with less benefits results in workers that do not care so efficiency declines.  We have seen it in  prisons over and over.  My area is lucky in that the workers are being allowed to pretty much do what they always have done because the  ones that run most local POs find ways around all the bureaucratic BS.

Valued Contributor

@Pook  I've heard the same from our friend and some others who work for USPS. 

Honored Contributor

@CritterKeeper wrote:

@catter70  Yeas, I really think there needs to be something done. The government needs to step in and get to the bottom of this. I understand some delay, but getting Christmas cards in February? Ridiculous!  

@CritterKeeper 

I'm as frustrated and angry about what's happened to the USPS as anyone.  And I do realize that times have changed and they need to change with them.  But this has been a political football for years now, through several different administrations.  And nothing they've implemented has done anything except make the situation worse.

Of course, that can be said about most everything the government tries to "fix".

Valued Contributor

@geezerette Agreed!