Valued Contributor

I'm far behind with Christmas this year

I don't have tons to do for the Holiday, but ended up with covid last week. I had so little energy and felt so crappy for 5 days that I didn't get anything done for Christmas. (I think I need a new couch due to the fact I didn't move off of it much during the week)  Luckily my boss said I can take tomorrow off. That will help a lot. I am supposed to go to a quick bday party Fri night, but may decide to just send my gift with someone just to have a few extra hours for prep work. I have to wrap a few presents yet, make party mix, spritz cookies and caramel rice krispie bars

Wish me luck.

cookin

Respected Contributor

Re: I'm far behind with Christmas this year

[ Edited ]

@cookinfreak wrote:

I don't have tons to do for the Holiday, but ended up with covid last week. I had so little energy and felt so crappy for 5 days that I didn't get anything done for Christmas. (I think I need a new couch due to the fact I didn't move off of it much during the week)  Luckily my boss said I can take tomorrow off. That will help a lot. I am supposed to go to a quick bday party Fri night, but may decide to just send my gift with someone just to have a few extra hours for prep work. I have to wrap a few presents yet, make party mix, spritz cookies and caramel rice krispie bars

Wish me luck.

cookin

Just my opinion...you have not given yourself enough time to recover. Skip the bday party. Cancel the baking. Wrap the presents. If you feel like it make the party mix. People WILL understand. I hope you feel better. If we are lucky, there will be Christmas  next year.

Respected Contributor

@cookinfreak I agree you are doing too much too fast. No birthday party. Ask others to take care of your last minute chores. Be sure to test again. People I know are testing positive again after a couple of days of negative with the current variant. You could really wear your body down if you do the marathon prep work you just mentioned. This may not be the perfect Christmas, but don't overdo so that you will be 100% for next year. Take care.

Honored Contributor

Take it easy. I'd skip the birthday party being you are slowly recovering. Hope you'll be ready for celebrating this weekend.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I agree with the others. Slow down and give yourself time to recuperate. Stay home from the party and do your wrapping and plenty of rest.

Esteemed Contributor

Every year I wish I had another week to get ready.  It never fails.

This year we had an "issue" in our kitchen, which I won't get into, but that really put me behind and kind of spoiled the season for me.

I hope the OP feels 100% soon.  Whatever gets done is what gets done.  We all want this perfect holiday, yet nothing is ever perfect, is it?

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Instead of time-consuming, energy-sapping Spritz cookies, make some bar cookies.  How about iced brownies from a mix with crushed peppermint on top?  Look fancy but simple.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@cookinfreak 

If you're not done with shopping, just get gift cards ..... after Christmas, "the thrill of the hunt" shopping for after  Christmas sales is always fun.  Give yourself a break!

Respected Contributor

@cookinfreak I'm going to join in with those saying you may be trying to do too much! I had Covid about 18 months ago and, while my symptoms were mild (I've had colds/flu where I felt much worse), it took me several weeks to feel "normal" again. My enery was just sapped!

Take care of yourself, ask for help if you need it, and try not to stress. Christmas will still be merry, even if a little different for you this year!