Honored Contributor

Re: I'm confused by the news

They have to be very careful in their investigations.  It might take longer, but better to be accurate.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

This is why I am so glad I still have front door delivery of my local newspaper. 

Nothing like the feel of pulp & ink on the fingers early in the morning while catching up on the latest news. Smiley Tongue

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@justmyopinion wrote:

Would not surprise me if this disgruntled employee was recently radicalized or inspired by the recent Parisian attacks.  For his wife to agree to go along with it makes me wonder if she influenced him.  Whatever the case may be, the motivation was more important than their 6 month old baby they left behind.

I said in another thread that today someone can be prone to radicalization if they are angry at their employer, neighbor, the government, society, themselves.  Rather than end their own miserable life, the better choice in their fanatical mind is to become a jihadist. They have nothing to lose and with their extremist beliefs, they have everything to gain by being rewarded in the afterlife for their deeds.

I heard that the men get a bunch of virgins in the afterlife, but what's in it for the women?

Respected Contributor

@fortune

virgin men?

Respected Contributor

@ladyroxanne wrote:

@fortune

virgin men?

Ha ha ha ha ha!!!  They'd have a hard time finding any of those.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Last evening they kept saying there were 3 shooters in California. Then they got into a shoot out with that SUV and killed those 2, but were searching for the third shooter. Now they seem content there was no third shooter just the 2. Last night they seemed content to say they were  terrorists now they are saying they aren't sure.

How have they made the decision there was no third shooter? And how do they know that the 2 in this SUV are the shooters? Are they terrorists or not? 

I admit we were out shopping and running errands so I haven't seen the news much today.

The third shooter was ruled out when whomever was running away from the surrounded SUV was thoroughly questioned and vetted.  As of today, there is ample evidence indicating that this couple was radicalized somewhere along the way, the woman may have already been indoctrinated but authorities are not sure.  I find it very sad that the neighbors that witnessed several Middle Eastern men loading packages into this couples home were too afraid to report this because they did not want to be accused of racial profiling.