Honored Contributor

Last evening they kept saying there were 3 shooters in California. Then they got into a shoot out with that SUV and killed those 2, but were searching for the third shooter. Now they seem content there was no third shooter just the 2. Last night they seemed content to say they were  terrorists now they are saying they aren't sure.

How have they made the decision there was no third shooter? And how do they know that the 2 in this SUV are the shooters? Are they terrorists or not? 

I admit we were out shopping and running errands so I haven't seen the news much today.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I'm confused by the news

The best thing for you to do is go to your favorite news site and read up on all the details there.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Respected Contributor

Last night, I heard they were not ruling out the possibility of terrorism, but they had no concrete evidence as of then.

Honored Contributor

This was a devastating event to say the least.  I think it's premature to expect all the details to be solidified already.  There was a lot of conflicting information going on yesterday due to all the chaos, which is not untypical for such a horrifying event.  Give it time.  More details to come.  You might tune into a news site, such as CNN, to get periodic updates.  

Respected Contributor

I don't think any conclusions can be drawn until they at least examine material (including computers) gathered from the home.  There is supposed to be a news conference some time between 4-5 pm EST, I believe.  More info may be forthcoming then.

Honored Contributor

This is a perfect example of why information should not be given out so quickly.  I realize that people want to know asap but all it does is confuse people because as drama is unfolding and new information is found, the outcome changes.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Situations like that are always confusing at first.  Always. 

Wait it out, and like MGM suggested, read for details online.  The Washington Post and LA Times are usually pretty good sources.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

I was confused myself. They kept talking about 3 shooters. This morning I heard them talking about only 2.
Esteemed Contributor

I was under the impression that the witnesses saw three shooters.  I assume the media got the information wrong, something has changed.

Esteemed Contributor

What I have read on the "third" person:  yes, he was in the area and was running away from LE near the event. He apparently was running because he had an outstanding warrant, unrelated to this event. Police picked him up and jailed him based on the outstanding warrant, nothing to do with the shooting.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop