Respected Contributor

Re: I’m an old woman and tired…

@PamfromCT

Beautifully stated.  Your thinking & living are to be admired by many.  Thank you for setting (unknowingly) a positive example so possibly others reading your post & helping them to "rethink/feel" & maybe help them feel better

Trusted Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Malcontent  With the dreams I've been having lately, real life is a pleasant respite!

What the heck IS that?? I've never had dreams in my life and lately-yuck!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sometimes thinking of my dreams-to live near the ocean or a river; to have dogs again; to have all my family and friends live in one state! makes me sad, knowing these dreams are not here right now. Sometimes though it makes me happy to think of them and imagine I am there.

And actually this whole thread @Malcontent, has made me

feel like I can do it today, knowing we are not alone in all these feelings,

so thank you.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

@Malcontent wrote:

I think I am going to stop following my dreams and ask just them where they are going and catch up with them later.

Thank you for posting this-it made me feel so much better and made me laugh at your "tongue in cheek" planSmiley Happy  Everyone's circumstances are different and they tell us it's ok to just cry "uncle" occasionally. You made my dayHeart

Honored Contributor

I am 66 in October.  I guess to a 20 year old I am considered an " Old Woman"

I do not have so called hopes and dreams.

I wake up....get through my day...look forward to dinner, TV,  and sleep again. If my health is good, I can pay my bills...have money in the bank... that is a good day.  I do not require much to be happy. 

What kind of so called dreams does a person have at age 65? Been there, done that...

I just want peace and quite...no surprises. 

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I am 66 in October.  I guess to a 20 year old I am considered an " Old Woman"

I do not have so called hopes and dreams.

I wake up....get through my day...look forward to dinner, TV,  and sleep again. If my health is good, I can pay my bills...have money in the bank... that is a good day.  I do not require much to be happy. 

What kind of so called dreams does a person have at age 65? Been there, done that...

I just want peace and quite...no surprises. 

YOU are terrific! Thanks for this Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

I also am 70 plus years. We are not old,  we are  mature.  

Super Contributor

I like the saying made by Bette Davis:  "Getting old is not for sissies."

Boy, was she right!

Man plans. God laughs.
Honored Contributor

@caroln242 wrote:

I like the saying made by Bette Davis:  "Getting old is not for sissies."

Boy, was she right!

@caroln242  I would take getting old over my teen into early 20's years ANY DAY. 

Honored Contributor

The last time I felt down in the dumps and hopeless, I went to a therapist. If I hadn't done that I don't think I would be here today...or at least be able to talk about it here today anyway.