Honored Contributor

Re: I’m an old woman and tired…

@rms1954 wrote:

@Malcontent wrote:

I think I am going to stop following my dreams and ask just them where they are going and catch up with them later.

Can't help but notice how your posts always mention that you're an "old woman."  What do you consider old?

@rms1954 I'm old.  Math is not my speciality but even I can do the numbers on that.  Nothing wrong with being old!  It's quite a blessing and an achievement!  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

@Malcontent wrote:

I think I am going to stop following my dreams and ask just them where they are going and catch up with them later.

Can't help but notice how your posts always mention that you're an "old woman."  What do you consider old?

@rms1954 I'm old.  Math is not my speciality but even I can do the numbers on that.  Nothing wrong with being old!  It's quite a blessing and an achievement!  Woman Very Happy

No, there is nothing wrong.  I didn't say there was.  The OP is the one that seems to be unhappy about it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Malcontent wrote:

They'll still be there. Dreams never leave you alone for long. They keep coming back and bugging you like a car warranty salesman.

(Is that how you spell warranty? It looks so wrong to me.)

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

Imtep:

I’m not unhappy to live this long, I am unhappy with all the constant nonsense we are all bombarded with daily.

Esteemed Contributor

My life has been full of challenges since Covid. I'm totally worn out. I feel that I have lost valuable time that I will never be able to make up. I've experienced a lot of heartache,loss & disappointment.

Yet I know I'm blessed on so many levels.My DH & son call me their rock.I keep it together for them. I keep pushing forward for them.

My hope is that I can start having days where I don't have to give Covid a thought.It would be nice to just have some of my normal back.

Honored Contributor

very happy to say that my almost 81 year old mother doesnt seem to feel this way.....she has been great with dealing with the past two years of these health issues and still is managing to get out, still driving, keeping up with her doctors appointments, keeping her regular schedule, and getting together with friends and family.

i hope you find some respite in your days ahead.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Malcontent wrote:

Imtep:

70 plus years

@Malcontent You may be tired but you are not old by today's standard..   We all feel tired at times especially since the pandemic started.  My parents are in their late 80s and there is definitely a difference in health between the parent that has the optimistic attitude and the one that does not.  I wish the best for you.  

Respected Contributor

What do you do to relax & enjoy yourself @Malcontent

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Malcontent   I can relate.  The other day I had a thought...I am enough.  I love who I am.  I don't have to pretend anything.  If you enjoy my company, great.  If you don't, I'm still the same person and that's ok.  My dreams were in the future, I am in the present.  All I have is this moment, and that can change quickly.  I appreciate this very moment.

I have strategies if I'm feeling tired.  Tired...how?  Physically,  I rest, meditate, enjoy nature.  Pandemic?  I keep myself/family healthy....diet, sleep, exercise.  I have a strong spiritual base.  Culturally?  I dial down the news and conversations.  I intentionally work on being light understanding that others too might be sharing my concern for our country's future.  Age?  I rarely think about it.  I do all that I can to stay healthy on a physical, emotional, and spiritual level.  I take time to reflect, be silent and that includes stilling my monkey mind.  I read inspiring books.  Acceptance has become easier...I allow myself my feelings knowing that everything changes, but at this moment this is how I feel.  I respect my feelings and allow myself to feel tired (or hurt/in pain etc.) without judgement.

Nature heals and refreshes our sense of well-being.  This is evidence based research.  You don't have to hike a marathon in the woods to reap the benefits.  Even a picnic in a park can lift one's spirit.

Life is not easy.  I believe that we are here to grow and learn lessons in order to evolve.  I look at each challenge as a life lesson.  Every moment is precious and I know that perspective is everything.  Sometimes, when things are bleak...I will challenge myself to see it differently.  I love art and music and it lifts my spirit.

Just know that many can relate to your statement.... we have choices, we can choose gratitude.  We can make changes or practice acceptance.  I'm wishing you much joy and peace.

Honored Contributor

I can certainly relate.  I am really getting a feeling of being weary right now myself!  All this covid stuff just going on and on and all the other stuff going on in the country --- it can really wear you down.  As you get older and you have your own health issues and the health issues of your spouse and other family members and friends and just the every day things of your own life you are trying to sort out, it can be really overwhelming.

A person that I don't really know well asked me a short time ago what I still had on my bucket list.  I guffawed and said --- bucket list??  I don't have a bucket list any more --- I kicked that bucket list over the hill a good while back and just laughed!  I told him --- I am living each day as it comes and consider each day a blessing!  I'm not saying you can't have dreams at any age but for me, I have found peace in accepting that things that seemed possibly attainable and within reach are in the past.  I am not sad about it but just being realistic.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin