Trusted Contributor

Re: I'm almost too embarrassed to ask...

What genre do you like? Definitely check out Goodreads and bookpage.com (not bookpage magazine). My library book club uses bookpage.com. And Goodreads has tons of lists and suggestions and great reviews.

Trusted Contributor

I second the motion from guardsman. Go to your local library and go through the fiction stacks, stopping at the areas where your previous favorite authors are. You can get recommendations from many sources, such as Goodreads, Book Page, Barnes and Noble, or your librarians can help you out (we're good for more than making copies for you). You also might want to think about branching out. I rarely read non-fiction in the past, but when our new books come out in the library, I'm all over that section to look for a new read. Have fun broadening your horizons.

Honored Contributor

On 11/22/2014 ncascade said:

I am reading the new Mary Higgins Clark book "The Cinderella Murder". Her books are light and pretty easy to concentrate on. She is partnering w/ some one whose last name is Burke.

I saw this book at Walmart the other day, is it good?

Trusted Contributor

Hooty, this book is a sequel to her earlier book, "I'VE GOT YOU UNDER MY SKIN", so you would enjoy it more if you've read the first book. The first book was better, IMO, but the sequel was good too.
Honored Contributor

On 1/24/2015 dawg lover said: Hooty, this book is a sequel to her earlier book, "I'VE GOT YOU UNDER MY SKIN", so you would enjoy it more if you've read the first book. The first book was better, IMO, but the sequel was good too.

Thanks dawg lover!

Respected Contributor

Start with some cozy mysteries. They are an easy read and very enjoyable. MC Beaton does two wonderful series. Hamish McBeth and Agatha Raisin.

Honored Contributor

Cinderella Murders-I think she phoned it in.

Frequent Contributor

I love the Agatha Raisin mystery books. .
Esteemed Contributor

My mom is a big Grisham fan, and she's been reading and enjoying the alphabet mystery series by Sue Grafton. A is for Alibi, B is for Burglar, C is for Corpse, etc. I'm going to start reading the series this summer.
Honored Contributor

So many wonderful series out there:

Ann B. Ross: Miss Julia series

Fern Michaels: Sisterhood series and the Godmother series

Neda & Dave Jackson: Yada Yada series and Windy City series

Joan Medlicott: The Ladies of Covington

Laura Childs: Tea Shop Mystery Series

How exciting for you to have so much to choose from.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."