Respected Contributor

Re: I'm a total dummy and mad at myself!

I came home today to find one of the 3 packages was actually delivered, even though they already credited me for the item. Someone had put a handwritten label on it correcting the address. So crazy!  USPS going above and beyond.

Trusted Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

I came home today to find one of the 3 packages was actually delivered, even though they already credited me for the item. Someone had put a handwritten label on it correcting the address. So crazy!  USPS going above and beyond.

-------------------------------------

So then do you have to contact the company to remove the credit , or is that done autoatically.?

Kind of a pain, too, but, congrats on getting your items!

Honored Contributor

Awwwwww.  I'm sure we've ALL had our typos!

Honored Contributor

You're actually lucky that it turned out the way it did. Several years ago, my dad ordered a piece of electronics and typed his address as 280 Center Lane, rather than 208 Center Lane. When it failed to arrive, we called the company and they insisted it was delivered.  My DH went to the 280 Center Lane and politely told the residents that his elderly FIL had typed the wrong address. They claimed they'd never received it, but my DH had reason to believe, based on their demeanor and reluctance to talk to him, that they were happy with their "free gift".

~ house cat ~