Honored Contributor

Re: I'm a sad Nana today....

@nana59 Why delete your post?  Can't we just respect that everyone has a different take on it, everyone has different experiences and life paths that bring them to different perspectives.

I think a lot of here have had really hard times, and yes sometimes it is difficult to understand other's views.  Some feel a birthday isn't that big of a deal perhaps because theirs never was.  They have trouble understanding a lot of disappointment over a birthday.

Let's just all respect where others come from, where they have been and how they got there, and say we all have a right to have our feelings respected.

For a lot of people it is a harsh world and the least we can do is hear them out.  And no, it is certainly not a competition.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

@nana59 Why delete your post?  Can't we just respect that everyone has a different take on it, everyone has different experiences and life paths that bring them to different perspectives.

I think a lot of here have had really hard times, and yes sometimes it is difficult to understand other's views.  Some feel a birthday isn't that big of a deal perhaps because theirs never was.  They have trouble understanding a lot of disappointment over a birthday.

Let's just all respect where others come from, where they have been and how they got there, and say we all have a right to have our feelings respected.

For a lot of people it is a harsh world and the least we can do is hear them out.  And no, it is certainly not a competition.  

simple....i don't want to hear from TINKERBLL.........all set with her snarky posts....

Esteemed Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

@happycat wrote:

My heart goes out to your granddaughter, I'm sure this was not the birthday anyone envisioned it would be. Nor the year. I'm hoping for better days in the near future for your granddaughter and all of us. 

What I can do, and what I'm pretty sure @nana59 can do also, is empathize with other folks even if I or someone else I know has had it worse. You can still have empathy for folks even when you are going thru bad things too. I wish some folks could realize that. 

thank you...i do have empathy for all the folks that are going through hard times...

I have no doubt that you do empathize with others, @nana59. I just re read my post and I see I didn't write it the way I wish I would have. I should have put I was sure that you do empathize with others. 

I think we should all be able to come on the boards and talk of our troubles and vent, without being scolded and told someone else has it worse.