Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

Thank you for your comments.

I think what has thrown me is no-one commented,  If this had happened at home in U.K. I know someone would have said - love your hairpiece, or blyme what's in your hair, etc, -  that's where I am floundering.

But.. onward and upward us Princesses must go forward and now it's time for a cuppa!

@dulwich. By the way, I was just kidding in the first sentence of my post above. I had written "just kidding!" But must have accidentally deleted it.

Honored Contributor

@dulwich 

Don’t worry, you were obviously a big hit, you’re getting a curtain call! 👑 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Re: I’m a Princess Part 2

[ Edited ]

@dulwich wrote:

@Pearlee   Thank you.     I love this re 'wear tiara again' .

this definitely appeals to me.

Now this I can handle yahoo.  I may just do this   -  this is so me and if asked about it explain fiasco from last time - or if not questions tell them why I wore it again.   -   if you know what I mean.  

End of tiara now!  

@dulwich  🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I love this!I have always liked you and this makes me like you 1,000 times more! You go, girl! 👍

Respected Contributor

I'd wear that tiarra again and email all the ladies that will be attending to wear theirs TOO! Hey a "Princess" luncheon sounds like BIG fun. Great pics and a great time. Cheers!

Honored Contributor

About 2 years ago, I took my grandson to one of those indoor playground/jungle jim places where you could play games and earn tickets.

He traded in our tix and *bought* me a silver (plastic) tiara with a huge blue stone in the middle.  Heart

I immediately put it on and we left to go to Whole Foods.  

Totally forgot I had it on.

We ended up getting lunch there and sat down and ate and as people stood in line and checked out I kept getting smiles.  Didn't realize it till we had left.  

Soon after, another grandson bought me a (gaudy) silver plastic bracelet with a huge blue stone in it and presented it proudly to me at a t-ball game.  He must've heard about his cousin giving me the tiara.  I put it on immediately and wore it the whole day.  But everytime I clapped my hands I felt like it was going to bust off my wrist!

Valued Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

Thank you for all your kind comments to last post.

I cannot believe how I went out yesterday with tiara.  I am still totally embarrassed - how did I not check properly in mirror.  Left in big rush as I was sitting grandkids and parents back late  - but golly what a twerp I am. Thank goodness I washed off all kiddie tattoos grandkids put on my arms!

However, got text just now inviting me to next month's luncheon - now what do I do - explain, ignore whole thing.  DH suggests I wear big frilly  hat 'keep up the tradition dear'.   Not replied yet to text what a twerp I am still cringing inside when I look at that tiara.

Have good Sunday all.

Accept the invitation, tell them the story, and laugh it off.  I'm sure the ladies will understand and that they enjoyed the humor.  They would not have invited you again if they thought you were not a good fit for their group.  :heart:

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee   You have sorted my problem out done and dusted mate thank you.

Respected Contributor

@dulwich   What a giggle!  I completely agree with @Pearlee !  Most certainly wear your tiara but in addition bring one for each of the ladies since they were so kind in not mentioning it's beauty.  Have fun with it.............who cares if they think you are daft!

Esteemed Contributor

@Melzie wrote:

@dulwich wrote:

Thank you for all your kind comments to last post.

I cannot believe how I went out yesterday with tiara.  I am still totally embarrassed - how did I not check properly in mirror.  Left in big rush as I was sitting grandkids and parents back late  - but golly what a twerp I am. Thank goodness I washed off all kiddie tattoos grandkids put on my arms!

However, got text just now inviting me to next month's luncheon - now what do I do - explain, ignore whole thing.  DH suggests I wear big frilly  hat 'keep up the tradition dear'.   Not replied yet to text what a twerp I am still cringing inside when I look at that tiara.

Have good Sunday all.

Accept the invitation, tell them the story, and laugh it off.  I'm sure the ladies will understand and that they enjoyed the humor.  They would not have invited you again if they thought you were not a good fit for their group.  :heart:

I so agree with @Melzie.  

Esteemed Contributor

@dulwich  in your first Thread concerning meeting friends, I couldn't believe that the people you met acted that way, especially concerning your accent.  My parents were born in the Caribbean and we spent many years there and  must say every evening I looked forward to listening to the BBC News from London. I loved to hear those guys.

I know that not all Brit accents are the same but still you come across as a very respectable lady. Even though my Caribbean Island is Independent, we are still governed by the Queen (something like that). Never understood it. 

Well, you and I have something in common. Princess D, have fun at the next get together.