Valued Contributor

I'm a Big Believer . . .

[ Edited ]

. . .  that our lives don't always work out the way we would like them to, but do work out the way they should.  Today my DH and I had a lot of things to do, and ran all over the place, and when we got home I found that a necklace I've worn and cherished daily for over 20 years was gone, lost, never to be on my neck again.

Am I sad?  Yes, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't.  But I do hope whoever found it, loves it and finds the peace in wearing it that I have over many, many years.  I'd like to think the significance of this necklace to me passes on to its new owner.  Wear it in good health and much happiness.  LuLu

Honored Contributor

Re: I'm a Big Believer . . .

Check your town's lost & found section on FB.  Ya never know! 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

That's a nice way to look at the situation. Check your Lost/Found section in your newspaper- it may find it's way back to you.

Respected Contributor

I feel so bad for you. You sound like you are at peace with it @Its Me LuLuBelle2. I hope the necklace some how makes it back to you......I don't know how it would but I hope. 

Honored Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 You have an awesome attitude but I do hope it shows up.

Honored Contributor

What a gracious way to think about it!

I don't know if I can quite get to thinking that way about a necklace my son gave me-a heart surrounded by crystals, that fell out of my carry-on on the plane. It was in a cosmetic bag, in the side pocket of the bag.

Well, I cried.

He said it was just a necklace and I didn't need it to know he loved me.

But how I treasured that.

I did put in a claim with the airlines several times, but whoever took it

well,, I just tried not to hold such sadness about it and remember what he said.

Today my son sent me a card and a little sculpture of 2 dolphins swimming together, like how we have traveled thru life together.

And this and his card I will treasure forever.Heart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Call all the places you stopped (right now!) and ask if anyone turned it in and ask them to look around. If you explain to them what happened most people will be happy to help if they can. I lost my Diamonique bracelet in Saks once and totally freaked out . DH (saw how crazy I was) went back to the store and TA-DA....there it was! A saleswoman turned it in (and it looks so good she obviously thought it was the real deal)....maybe she thought management was testing her lol!. SO..... don't give up without a few phone calls or even retrace your route and check around where you parked. You might get a surprise. Good luck!

Esteemed Contributor

wish i had your attitude...but i'd be re-tracing every step i took......and then i would try to deal with the loss.....you sound much healthier emotionally than i am....

Valued Contributor

This almost made me cry.  There are honest people still out there.

I once lost a beautiful bracelet my mother had given me.  My mom has been gone for 4 years now.  She left me tons of jewelry but that bracelet met so much to me.  I looked down one day and it was just gone.

Searched high and low for a few months.  Lots of tears and prayers.  One day I decided to take everything out of the pantry to wipe the shelves down and organize.  I was down on the floor scrubbing it and my bracelet was resting on the baseboard.  I started sobbing. 

I hope you find your necklace.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you all for your kind words and suggestions, but we were in Manhattan.  Too many places, too many subways to even think about.  It's a goner and I'm at peace with it.  In the over all scheme of things it's a blip on life.  Again, I'd like to think it was found by someone who will love it too and maybe wonder about its original owner.  LuLu