Honored Contributor

Re: I'm a *Basket Case*-> Lil'Sis Heart Surg (Wed) tomorrow

@MakeUpMaidnwrote:

@CalminHeartwrote:

@MakeUpMaidnwrote:

I'm a veritable "BASKET CASE"

I sure pray everything goes well. I think I understand your worry.

I found out on Thanksgiving Day that one of my brothers has been given 90 days to live. I've cried many times a day since. He and I have always been close.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@CalminHeart

I'm soo sooo sad to read this!

I had no idea that when I got older, well, way older, that there wld be more of a proponderance of "losing loved ones." It's caught me totally off guard!

I used to have to worry abt getting dehydrated playing sports. NOW, I have to worry abt getting dehydrated from crying at losses (incl even loss of one's own health! .. let alone, in addition to the loss of loved ones)

If you, yr brother, or loved ones are believers, I pray god (G) looks over you & yr brother & loved ons, & cradles you with "It will be all right, trust Me, I'm god (G)! Everything works together to those who love god (G)"

If you arent a believer, or I offended, I apologize.

I wish you oodles & oodles of "good luck! " everything seems to always work out well in the end, even if we dont see it work out well with our own eyes, up close.

For everything cloudy, there's sunny right behind it. Just trust."

*hugs* @CalminHeart

I hope we all "fortify you" here, just as have *ALL* on this thread, have "fortified me!" and given me strength.

I am a believer and have been talking to God almost non-stop. I'm strong in my faith and trust God's mercy and love which are much greater than we can ever imagine.

Sadly, my brother fell away and refuses to allow anything remotely religious at his funeral. There is a reason which I won't go into. He got mad at me because I asked friends and my Church community for prayers for him. But it doesn't stop me or them from praying.

My religion believes we have one last chance to choose God at the moment of death. The other day, I was sobbing thinking about my brother and asked Mom and my uncle in Heaven to pray/pester God for a miracle change of heart in my brother. A calm feeling came over me and all I heard was "trust God." I do. I've been much calmer since that moment.

I've had many encounters with our Lord over the years. Also with Mom, and my uncle and others who have passed.

I asked Mom to send me a sign if she could and she came to me about 6 weeks after she passed. She's come to me in various ways since.

I remember mulching leaves the week after my uncle died. There was a horrible smell and I thought my mower was going to blow up. The smell disappeared the very second I realized it was the smell of my uncle's cough drops.

People may think I'm nuts but I believe these are messages. Some I understand. Others, I'm not so sure of. But I am a strong believer. God works in ways we'll never understand until we get to Heaven.

I posted elsewhere about my brother too. The TLC is overwhelming and I thank you and everyone.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CalminHeartwrote:

< snip >

~~~~~~~~~

@CalminHeart

I TOTALLY TOTALLY believe you!

as briefly as I can say this: Remember: "With God, All Things are Possible"

Remember also, "His mansion has many rooms." Trusting God includes trusting Him with His decisions even in Afterlife also, esp & incl, mindful "His many rooms"

The God we trust in life, we also must trust in Afterlife, for everybody, self & loved ones. He's a loving God, *hugs*

It's tricky, not turning off ppl, with our "fervor," but it's NOT only "us" that is such "influencing" in this life. *He* is too, hard at work; Not only up to small little ole, *only* us. We are ONLY vessels, not god.

Our BEST is to be His great example, esp in our "gifts," "words" & "deeds," and leave the rest to our Trusted. Let our own faith rest upon others as a "light feather."
Extraordinary fervor of ours cld push ppl away, exactly what we don't want! God's at work. Trust! *hugs*

Honored Contributor

@MakeUpMaidnwrote:

Well, I've heard from my sister's husband, PDQ!. Sis is out of Surgery.
Her hubby said, he's been informed, "It went well." He said "she didnt bleed."

He's waiting to be able to see her in ICU, as they slowly draw her out of anesthesia. He'll keep me informed.

So glad to come in and read this. Prayer does work.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My BIL just called with update abt my Lil'Sis!

Bless him. He understands my antsy concern.

My Lil'Sis's breathing tube has been removed. Her throat is sore from the tubes, so she cant talk well yet, & when trying, her voice is raspy, & hurts.

They have her up & walking around already, & & they plan for such walks to happen 4 x today total. (A miracle I had no idea cld happen even! on the next day, esp!)

BIL said she's walked further than expected, for her 1st time today.

She's sitting up in a chair, (still in ICU).

BIL said they use a different, less intrusive anesthesia than I've been familiar with in all these yrs prior.

My BIL says 'sis's color has returned. Her appetite hasnt returned yet, but is to be expected.

OMG, this is sooooooo encouraging! Even miraculous, IMHO. I mean WALKING on day 2??

(I'm even VERY quickly gaining more confidence that my BIL will keep me informed (of every itty bitty detail abt sis, (which Im sure she'd roll her eyes at,, if she knew)). Woman Wink Woman Happy

Oh gosh, folks. you perhaps can not believe how so grateful I am for your faith, love, prayers & kind words you shared with me, when my faith was so floundering & shakey!

If you arent bored with this info & updates, & want to keep being informed, surely, I will continue to share here. After all, YOU are a very, very integral part of her operation & great recovery! IMHO Heart

(Note: Above "run on paragraphs" still is a problem on this Forum.

I altered this by entering into this post's HTML code - (see another thread for these details thread keyword "HTML" )

Respected Contributor

That's good news!

Respected Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn......God bless all those caring for your dear sister. Heart

Trusted Contributor

Wonderful news. Now she's on her way to recovery. Continued prayers and good news. Heart ops have come a long way - thank g%d.

Heart

Valued Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn

Thank you so much for the update.

Continued prayers for a speedy recovery ❤

Respected Contributor

Hi Friends.

Today's update on my Lil'Sis condition, from my BIL's Voice Mail left.

All Sis's "tubes have been removed, but for the IVs. Her color is coming back, (albeit) very slowly. She's feeling a little bit better, obviously, not 100%."

Whew! I'm becoming more & more relieved, esp since her hubby is "on it"

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

GRATEFUL!! GRATITUDE!! Feeling BLESSED!! (Thx to you!)

And probably why, *THIS TIME* I "took the chance," reached out here, on this Forum, stating, & truly feeling, "I was a basket case" abt my Lil'Sis' & her Heart Surgery!
Now, y'all *HERE* have FLOORED ME!! with your compassion, followup, caring, & kind words & prayers. Each time I think of this, or read yr comments, lots of tears flow down my cheeks, even, typing this. I've never felt such incredible support, truly, honestly, as I've experienced from y'all. And I am incredibly grateful to you! Heart