Esteemed Contributor

Today when I was at work, I saw that a pay phone (yes, we have a couple of pay phones where I work) was off the hook, so I went over to put the phone back in the cradle.

When I turned to walk away, I walked right in to a bank of chairs, hard, banging my knee.

Oh, and the chairs had metal arm rests.

I couldn't say out loud what I wanted to say, but I mouthed the word! *lol*

I did say out loud, "That's gonna leave a mark."

Now there is a lump there, and it only hurts if I press on it, (so don't press on it! *lol*)

I can bear weight on my leg, so I don't think anything is broken, probably just a little soft tissue injury.

As I said, I'm such a klutz.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

Sorry you hurt your self. Perhaps you could put a cold pack on it to keep the swelling down. Feel better soon.

Honored Contributor

My day isn’t complete unless I’ve managed to injure myself due to my klutziness. 

Honored Contributor

I feel your pain!  I’m always hurting my feet.

I think it’s because they’re big.  I always say “they cover a lot of territory”.

They’re a size 11.  Before I had 3 babies they were a size 8&1/2.  

I’m normally a nice ( I hope), happy person.  But if you step on or hurt my feel...well...I’m not a happy camper.

Most of the time, I’m the one hurting them.  My late husband used to tease me and call me Sasquach.

Honored Contributor

I can't get pass the idea that there are pay phones where you work.  Pay phones don't exist here anymore.  I haven't seen one in years and even years ago, when you would see one...there was no phone it it.  Just the booth remained.  I don't know why you would hang bother hanging up the receiver.  At any rate, keep an eye on the bruise.  Take some Tylenol for the pain.  

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I can't get pass the idea that there are pay phones where you work.  Pay phones don't exist here anymore.  I haven't seen one in years and even years ago, when you would see one...there was no phone it it.  Just the booth remained.  I don't know why you would hang bother hanging up the receiver.  At any rate, keep an eye on the bruise.  Take some Tylenol for the pain.  

I went to hang up the receiver because it's a nice thing to do and our pay phones actually work. They may not get used much, but they work.

My knee is feeling better today, and the lump that was there has gone down.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 

You're not a klutz.  We all do stuff like that.  I remember when I lived in a dorm type residence.  Our payphone rang.  Expecting a call I jumped up and ran smack into the corner of an open door face first.  Its a wonder I didn't knock myself out, ended up with a huge bump on my forehead.

Glad you are on the mend.