Honored Contributor

Re: I'm Staying Up New Year's Eve

I was just thinking this morning that this year may very well be our "cherry on the top" for the entire decade.  But I am anxious to find out because this year is beyond horrible.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 

Hoppin' John is a traditional southern dish of blackeyed peas and rice, eaten at New Years for good luck in the coming year.

Many recipes available on google.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 give 2020 a hard shove for all of us

Reminds me of Queen Elizabeth's labeling her year as an "annus horribilis."  This year ceetainly qualifies as that for me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Anonymous032819 

Hoppin' John is a traditional southern dish of blackeyed peas and rice, eaten at New Years for good luck in the coming year.

Many recipes available on google.

Her post made me terribly sad for her and anyone who has not tasted great southern recipes @KingstonsMom 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You have not lived until you've eaten real red beans and rice down in Louisiana made from the grease can on the counter.  It was worth the year off my life.  

Honored Contributor

I have my doubts about 2021 being much different than 2020.  Hope I am alive to find out.

Trusted Contributor

Guess that herring doesn't work after all.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

Happy New Year! I hope you have a nice holiday.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 

I have a feeling there will not be many at Times Square, the ball drop will happen but it will be a much smaller event

@Laura14 wrote:

I have my big middle foam finger ready to salute the ball as it drops.  I say everyone at Times Square gets one to wave too.   

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox   I'm actually going to say the opposite.  I think people will be drunker and more ready to tell 2020 where to go than normal.  Although I hope you're right.