Esteemed Contributor

Re: I'm Staying Up New Year's Eve

@rms1954 wrote:

@mspatmac wrote:

@SunSprite wrote:

Well I didn't stay up to watch it last year. I also didn't eat hoppin' johns and collards either.

And look what happened. Cat Surprised

I'll stay up this year for sure, and will force myself through a plate of hj and collards.......even if it kills me Smiley Frustrated

@SunSprite  I'll join you. Maybe we should have a virtual party

Can I come to the party???  I hate parties but I'll make an exception for this one ... GOOD RIDDANCE 2020.

Of course you can @rms1954 The more the merrier

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@deepwaterdotter 

Oh, no.  Those are definitely not the way black eyed peas are made in the south and I'm south GA born and bred.

These black-eyed peas were cooked by a person from Wisconsin.  I guess it was the way she liked to cook them.  I've never eaten them any other time than at this buffet, so they tasted good to me.  

Valued Contributor

Me 2 Me 2.i wanna go to virtual party & have virtual goodies
Honored Contributor

That's a good one!

Esteemed Contributor

Is the pandemic going to be gone by then? Are criminals going to be gone by then? What do you know that I don't? 2021 could even be worse by how some are talking.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

Is the pandemic going to be gone by then? Are criminals going to be gone by then? What do you know that I don't? 2021 could even be worse by how some are talking.

Have you never heard of a little thing called "Hope"?

There is nothing wrong with hoping for a better tomorrow.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political.

Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Nancy Drew wrote:

Have you never heard of a little thing called "Hope"?

There is nothing wrong with hoping for a better tomorrow.

Nothing wrong with Hope. Just also wondering how we went from Hope to knowing 2021 will better, the same or worse?

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

I will be waving goodbye to 2020 as fast as I can! We still have schools to finish a semester, an asteroid coming Nov 3, and an election Nov 4...other than that, smooth sailing!
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Anonymous032819 

I already told my friends that about celebrating this New Year's Eve!!! .....And does anyone know a good recipe for black-eyed peas....Im not taking any chances about next year even if I have to hold my nose while eating them....😝

Lots of bacon and bacon fat cooked for hours along with the black-eyed peas.....yum.

@Hoovermom 

Not here in Savannah, GA, black eyed peas are best cooked with a smoked ham hock.

When the peas are done, we strip the pieces of ham from the hock and add back to the peas.

Serve over rice, optional toppings; fresh chopped onion, jalapenos, or.....

@KingstonsMom :  Isn't it something how all of us Southerners cook so differently.  My DM was a fabulous cook and all vegetables were cooked with lots of bacon (and also ham hocks) with the fat.  We have never used jalapenos (maybe because my DD didn't care for them), but they loved "chow chow" on them and never with rice.  Not me.  Anyways, yours sounds delicious.