Honored Contributor

Re: I'm Sorry, I Apologize for That

@Bhvbum

That is exactly why I only deal w/travel agents for international travelling.  I had to cancel 2 international trips.  Travel agent did everything including jumping through hoops to get my 100% refunds.  All I did was sit back waiting for my refunds w/a chessy cat smile on my face.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Bhvbum

That is exactly why I only deal w/travel agents for international travelling.  I had to cancel 2 international trips.  Travel agent did everything including jumping through hoops to get my 100% refunds.  All I did was sit back waiting for my refunds w/a chessy cat smile on my face.

After 30 years of traveling by air weekly and international travels, I have yet to use an agent.  I learned a lot in this process.  I have never flown with BA and will never buy a ticket from them again.  At least United considers me a somebody and I trust my own skills.  I actually saved about $3200 on these tickets, and learned a few things about international carriage rules during a Pandemics!  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rms1954  I feel your pain!  Somedays I wish I was completely self sufficient and didn't need to depend on anyone for anything. 

I hope you get some satisfaction for some of these things soon and all of them before very long. 

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think many of us feel that way about any problems that come up right now because it's just one more thing (or several things) that are out of our control just like the virus is.  Also, I tend to think about the other problems more than usual now, because I'm not as busy with the rest of the my life and have more time to think about them.

@rms1954 I hope that all of your issues will get resolved soon!  For the items that you are are waiting for refunds on, if you paid by credit card, just notify your credit card company.  They will issue a temporary credit and pursue it on your behalf.

Trusted Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Translated means "too bad so sad for you, I can't help you and I don't care.  Deal with it."

If it's supposed to make me feel better it does not.  I feel angry, agitated, and upset.  Unfulfilled.  Ugh!!!

Dealt with several on-line people regarding:

- refunds owed me and still waiting - going on 28 days now;

- order returns where they misrepresent their product with incorrect photos

so now I need to return the item and they expect me to pay the S&H;

- bathroom remodel and color of vanity is completely wrong and not what I chose; and

- last but not least still waiting for two items purchased on 6/20.

I'm so tired and drained from it all.

Maybe someone is sending you a message that you need to lower your expectations a little during these difficult times and try to be a little more relaxed and patient. You are experiencing the same things the rest of us are. It is frustrating, but people are not as mean spirited as you seem to think they are and they are not doing things to you on purpose. It will all get better in time.

Trusted Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

If you are alive and healthy, and have enough money to shop, travel and remodel, you should count your blessings.

There are too many serious issues in the world which should really take our time and concern.

There are many wars, horrible poverty and disease, and ongoing suffering.

Helping the world become a better place is the best way to "fulfillment" for all.

Really?  Yes, let me get on my knees and count my blessings.  I'm sure I'll feel sooooo much better.  Reading your response has changed EVERYTHING.  You should .....nevermind.

If you are determined to be unhappy then  you will be.

Super Contributor

If you are alive and healthy, and have enough money to shop, travel and remodel, you should count your blessings.

There are too many serious issues in the world which should really take our time and concern.

Helping the world become a better place is the best way to "fulfillment" for all.

@FancyPhillyshopper  Your invalidation of the OP's concerns is arrogant and you are pontificating (look it up).

Super Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Really?  Yes, let me get on my knees and count my blessings.  I'm sure I'll feel sooooo much better.  Reading your response has changed EVERYTHING.  You should .....nevermind.

I have to agree w/the OP and @Spurt . I'm dealing with an issue as well and getting no resolution even when I follow policy, procedure, etc. CS is non-existant and Laura14 is correct about hands being tied.

Word of warning: avoid ShopHQ like the plague!

Super Contributor

@RealtyGal2 wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

If you are determined to be unhappy then  you will be.

Again, arrogance and invalidation of another's experience. Unbelievable...smh and walking away.

Esteemed Contributor

I think you express what we all feel. A lot of anger we see in America can be attributed to the pandemic. Everyone has a short fuse right now. You can be grateful to be alive and still be angry at the same time. It’s a human reaction and it’s healthy to vent when you’ve lost control of your way of life. The government actually encouraged home renovations as many were home and had the time & it is a positive thing to do right now. It doesn’t mean a person is less happy or ungrateful just frustrated. I’m awaiting a refund for a big trip I had planned in Sept and my husband’s passport has been MIA with passport services since before the lockdown in March & MVC lines are blocks long just to renew your driver’s license and I’m annoyed, upset and angry but far from being unhappy or ungrateful. We all just want things to be “normal” again & that’s the hope of every human being.