Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

@Pearlee  Sorry, Pearly.  I was upset. I will try to remember that next time.

@jubilant  Thanks. I'd appreciate it. As a huge dog lover I avoid articles and anything else I see indicating something is about dog abuse because I can't stop thinking about it ---it can upset me for days.

Honored Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

I hope you took a picture and also her tag # . Report it to authorities.

I do belive there are some mean, evil people in this world .

There was a lot of traffic but I looked her right in the eye and dropped open my mouth in shock.  I'm sure she saw that look and I could easily describe her and the truck.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

I really I wish people would would alert in the title something about animal abuse so others who don't want to read that will not open the thread and also be upset.  For all I could tell from this title, maybe the OP got a wrong item at curbside pickup or broke her favorite mug or something else minor. 

@Pearlee 

I hear you.

I have an animal abuse story that I witnessed, but will I share it in the open?

No, I won't, because just remembering it, brings me to tears, and I don't want to put that on others.

*If* I were to share the story, I would place it inside of the "spoiler" box, and have "Warning" in both the thread title, and above the spoiler box, so that the reader would have a choice to read it or not.

Having said all that, I am glad that the o/p did call the cops.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@1Snickers wrote:

@jubilant   I see bicycles with people running dogs on leashes. The poor dog's tongues hang out they're so hot, especially in the Summer.

People had an English Bulldog they would run like that. Their noses make it hard for them to breathe. One Summer day it was following them running without the leash and it died. 
  I hope the police found the dog owner and their dog is okay. 

There was a lot of traffic because it's that time of day here (4:00 pm) in Indiana. It's also 65 degrees and the poor things tongue was hanging out. and panting. Also this is a pretty narrow road. No one could pass that was behind her without endangering the dog.

Respected Contributor

@1Snickers wrote:

@jubilant   I see bicycles with people running dogs on leashes. The poor dog's tongues hang out they're so hot, especially in the Summer.

People had an English Bulldog they would run like that. Their noses make it hard for them to breathe. One Summer day it was following them running without the leash and it died. 
  I hope the police found the dog owner and their dog is okay. 

That is heartbreaking. It makes me so mad. Any Bulldog owner should know better. This is why we push our dogs in a stroller on our 3 mile morning walk. They get their exercise by chasing each other in our large yard. But you can't imagine how annoyed I get with people asking why we don't let them walk. Lily gets too hot if we talk to someone standing in the sun for long. 

Respected Contributor

Re: I'm So Upset

[ Edited ]

@jubilant  Do you know if the police showed up?

Did you get her license number so that when you arrived home you could pursue the issue with the police and your county humane society?

I would alert every agency in your jurisdiction of what transpired.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Valued Contributor

@jubilant Situations like this make me lose all common sense and I jump in without thinking about the consequences. I would have followed this woman until the cops came. Probably not the smartest thing to do, but I cannot help it when I see animal abuse. There is no punishment great enough for people who harm innocent animals. 

Honored Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

@jubilant  Do you know if the police showed up?

Did you get her license number so that when you arrived home you could pursue the issue with the police and your county humane society?

I would alert every agency in your jurisdiction of what transpired.

@Mersha   I couldn't get the license number but the bus driver was directly behind her. I told them that. DH reminded me that the school bus should have had a camera.  

Honored Contributor

It wasn't just cruel and dangerous for the dog but for traffic and other drivers also.  Could have caused a nasty accident. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Some people do not deserve animals. I pray they do not have children.