Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

It wasn't just cruel and dangerous for the dog but for traffic and other drivers also.  Could have caused a nasty accident. 

@Kachina624   Yes, it's hard to watch traffic when you are looking at a dog running down the middle of the road coming right at you....not to mention the people in front of her vehicle and in back. It was an accident waiting to happen.  That's one reason I mentioned the two school buses.  I figured they would get right on it when they heard that. 

Honored Contributor

While I doubt anything will be done, it's good you called in the dangerous situation.

Respected Contributor

I always say the owner deserves the same treatment they put the dog through.  That is so disgusting.  

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

I really I wish people would would alert in the title something about animal abuse so others who don't want to read that will not open the thread and also be upset.  For all I could tell from this title, maybe the OP got a wrong item at curbside pickup or broke her favorite mug or something else minor. 

I often wish thread titles gave an indication of the content.  In this case, I quit reading half way through the second sentence when I realized the remainder would be upsetting.  Now I'm not upset.  I feel sorry for whatever happened to this animal and that the OP witnessed it.  

Sharing an upset with others helps minimize the trauma but it's best to have willing participants.

If you've read all of it, you went in willingly, imo.

Valued Contributor
Someone should put HER on a leash do the same thing to her!😡
Respected Contributor

That's crazy!  

From time to time I see people riding their bikes and making the dog run along side on a leash.  I don't approve of that.  I think it's dangerous for the bike rider and cruel to the dog who cannot stop to catch its breath, take a break.  Easy for the biker, grueling, unrelenting running for the dog.

Super Contributor

That's horrible.    

Contributor

So sorry that you had to witness this abuse..

Shameful what people will do to animals...

No respect for life whatsoever...

People that abuse/kill  animals will abuse/kill people, so good thing that you alerted the police!

Honored Contributor

@Free2be   Usually, I am pretty specific with my titles but I rushed into this one without thinking.  I know there are people here it really upsets as I have heard them express it in the past.  In fact, I myself can't watch those abused dog commercials on tv.  I turn the channel.  I can't explain why I didn't think of it this time.  I truely am sorry to all I offended.  

Honored Contributor

Did you call the police? If not, why?  I'd have called and given them the license plate and then take a picture to give them.