Honored Contributor

Re: I'm So Tired Of Giving Up Information To Order Everything!

We do what we gotta do.....

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs Yes!  I do have an Alexa and so does my son-in-law.  However, mine stays turned off most of the time and his stays off most of the time.  He works in security so he knows all the ins and outs out security. 

I was at his house, not anywhere near his Alexa (which was off anyway).  He even has his on a totally separate router.  Like I said, his business is security, so ......

Honored Contributor

@CLEM It worked that way for me for the first few times.  Then yesterday when I went to order it I had the problems I mentioned.

I called the company and talked to a lovely young woman.  She informed me the policy had changed and I need to follow the prompt so I could order my food.  Because I need the cat food and gave up on any kind of privacy these days I followed the prompt.  Not a big deal these days; but it does bother me that I must do this.  

I think I'm just too tired to try to fight "the system" anymore.  I'm the one who writes emails, letters, etc to Congressmen, Senators, etc (yes, I've written to a few Presidents) over the years.  Most people just sit on their (I'll use the word butt) and don't do anything.  I was always the one to write and let them know how upset I was about various things.  I often received letters back, most of the time they were just responses, sometimes there were changes (if enough people got up off of their (BUTTS) and bothered to let someone know about their problem.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  When my previous dog, Nick, was on prescription food I ordered it from Chewy.  They had his information on record and I didn't have to fill it in each time.  I also never got unwanted e-mails.  I probably got e-mails from Chewy but then unsubscribed from their mailing list.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack As I said higher up.  This worked for me too in the beginning but this last time ..... it changed.

When I called to complain the young woman said they'd just changed the 'rules' and I needed to follow the rules if I wanted to order the food.

She was very nice but basically, that's what she said.  So, because I wanted Bill to get his food, I finally figured out the rules, she went back and saw that my prescription was good until October.  The Vet's nurse is one of my best friends and I just had him checked out (this week, shots, etc) so I know I'll not have trouble getting renewals.

Anyway, I've always found Chewy to be professional and nice.  I even received a thank you note (hand written) from one of the young men I've ordered from at Chewy.

I was upset because I get tired of giving out so much information all of the time (especially since I KNEW the prescription was still good).

Again, she told me the rules had just changed.  Not a big deal and within hours I got another email that Bill's food is on it's way to me.

I wish other companies were as fast (hint...QVC).

Valued Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@Annabellethecat66

I would think this would be illegal since it is a prescription. 

Yes, I know it for your son Bill (who can’t order it on his own) but your name is listed and marketed. 

I'm not aware of any HIPAA laws for catsCat Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

prescription dog and cat foods, i worry that some people are being sold on this food by their vets, the quality is very low, look up ingredient's, and check dog food advisor,please.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.