Honored Contributor

Re: I'm So Sick of Cox Cable

@DoneTryin wrote:

@momtochloe. Thanks!  It'll be interesting to hear what they have to say when I call them!  They seem to be very good at not giving a straight answer or providing actual dollar amounts.

@DoneTryin you may want to check online to see if they list any specials as that's where I found the package I have.  After I signed up I went to look up a slightly different package but they no long allow me to see that page (and it was still within the offer window) so it may be worth it to see if online has anything interesting.

Honored Contributor

@NativeJax wrote:

Really? Nationalized cable... No thank you! You think Washington could do anything with tv? They can't fix squat... just my opinion of course but I really don't want congress and senate wasting anymore time than they already do. BTW, check out all the taxes and surcharges on your bill... Federal tax is there!

@NativeJax

That's a new one to me. The feds running Nationalized Cable? If that was my only option, I would use my Blu-ray players/Netflix/Amazon and Roku.

In my opinion, the bureaucrats have done enough damage to most things they touch. What a horrible thought just visualising such a disaster waiting to happen.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt

I have had 3 different satellite companies: Primestar/DirecTV and Dish Network since the early 1990's. Maybe you have had bad experiences with whichever Satellite company you used, but mine does/has not "gone out" because of wind or rain.

If we get a wet snow it is as simple as walking to the outdoor dish/removing the snow with my hand, and walking back into the house. Sure, some very, very severe weather knocks it out, but for minutes, not hours or days like I experienced during my short stay with Cox Cable.

Satellite gets some bad raps they do not deserve. In certain areas without a clear path to their satellites in the sky, our Dish Network won't even set it up for anyone in those areas.

Many times people have satellite installed in the Fall, when the trees are bare. Come spring and summer when the trees are full, they block the clear path to their satellites. I've had to trim several of our trees over the years, but that was/is not the fault of our Dish Network.

Most of the Dish Network Satellites are in the Southeast skies, and in our city, if you have a clear view, problems with this company are minimal.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@chickenbutt

I have had 3 different satellite companies: Primestar/DirecTV and Dish Network since the early 1990's. Maybe you have had bad experiences with whichever Satellite company you used, but mine does/has not "gone out" because of wind or rain.

If we get a wet snow it is as simple as walking to the outdoor dish/removing the snow with my hand, and walking back into the house. Sure, some very, very severe weather knocks it out, but for minutes, not hours or days like I experienced during my short stay with Cox Cable.

Satellite gets some bad raps they do not deserve. In certain areas without a clear path to their satellites in the sky, our Dish Network won't even set it up for anyone in those areas.

Many times people have satellite installed in the Fall, when the trees are bare. Come spring and summer when the trees are full, they block the clear path to their satellites. I've had to trim several of our trees over the years, but that was/is not the fault of our Dish Network.

Most of the Dish Network Satellites are in the Southeast skies, and in our city, if you have a clear view, problems with this company are minimal.

hckynut(john)

Is it expensive?    I have a neighbor that removed her Dish because she said it was pricey.   

Can you choose certain plans with Dish?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also have Comcast/Infinity. Let's just say, no one should use them as a customer service role model. 

I live in Spokane. We're so fortunate, in our area, In terms of natural disasters. 

Early last Winter, we had a windstorm, did more property damage, than anything in history! The power at my condo, was out for 10 1/2 days, and my cable was out for over two weeks!  That of course was in no way Comcast's fault. But Mercy me trying to get any kinds of answers from them ETA etc. was Ridiculously frustrating. 

Bless their pointed heads! The whole experience left me so afraid of wind, (just kidding), that now if even a Tree branch sways, I have an anxiety attack! 

I exaggerate, of course! But it was a nightmare! No power no Internet! At least I had a gas fireplace! And lots of peanut butter sandwiches!  And 2 cuddly cats!

Regular Contributor

@Hot Street wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

@chickenbutt

hckynut(john)

Is it expensive?    I have a neighbor that removed her Dish because she said it was pricey.   

Can you choose certain plans with Dish?

You should be able to depending on your location, you can look online or call them to find what's available. Smiley Happy