Honored Contributor

Re: I'm So Done With EZ-Pays!

[ Edited ]

HEARTACHE!  EASY PAY HEARTACHE!!!

@sunala      I  hear you!   It is even more confusing to exchange an easy pay!  I don't buy much from the Q at all anymore.  If I do, I pay it all, or no more than 3 payments( if it is a large amount).  What I do is put purchase on my Q card.  If it is maybe a Perricone purchase of 300, I either pay it off in 29 days, or divide it in 2.  There will be a bit of interest on the 2nd payment of a dollar or so...but it is less head ache.

When I was a newbie back in 1989, they rarely had easy pay.  For some reason I bought a pair of pants on sale on easy pay.  They were like 5.90 a month...for 5 months!!  I forgot after 3 months what the heck I was paying on.  I don't think I ever payed attention to how many months it was.  Never again. The pants were worn out before they were paid for!!

Honored Contributor

I've never done ez-pays. I'd rather have it on sale! I just don't see the allure to paying for something for the next 4 months as opposed to just buying it cheaper (elsewhere).

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

I use ez pay and have a pretty good system keeping up with it.  It works for me.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

I got a past due notice in the mail for an easy pay item I returned. It even said as plain as day under my account "returned". I called the rep who replied, "Uh, yes, I can see where you returned the shelf. I will send a note upstairs and they will have to correct the information. This will take a few days..." I was never given a proper explanation why the info was correct under my account yet I was sent a rude "you better resolve this asap" past due notice. If you use easy pay it's best you keep track of your payments. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

How could you get a past due notice when they have your credit card.?

i agree with others here that ep can cause anxiety because it's tricky to monitor. Mostly qvc is accurate, but smart people watch carefully. Sometimes it's just not worth doing. 

Respected Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

How could you get a past due notice when they have your credit card.?

i agree with others here that ep can cause anxiety because it's tricky to monitor. Mostly qvc is accurate, but smart people watch carefully. Sometimes it's just not worth doing. 

They were trying to charge a cc that I cancelled. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Esteemed Contributor

I hear you! At one point I think I had ten 5-month easy pays which was crazy--some were for $25.00 items!

Now I only use easy pay if it's a brand or item I'm unsure of--if I like, I'll go into my account and just pay it off in full. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

Why would you need a chart? There is an ez pay calendar right in your QVC account online. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Did you know you can look up your easy pays under "My Account"?

No, I did not.   I like to pay in full and I am not 100% on switching off those payments at the time of purchase. What a great tip, @ECBG.  I enjoy reading these forums.  I learn and the people are so nice!

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Honored Contributor

I have never used Easy Pay, Flex Pay or Value Pay or Stretch Pay. If I buy something, I want to pay it off and be done, all in one swoop, otherwise I just tell myself it is not in my budget.