Esteemed Contributor

Not that EZ pays are a bad thing, they're just not for me. I purchased quite a few items for the holiday season, many of which were on 4 or 5 EZ pays. Some of them were inexpensive, so the monthly payments were very low. I returned some of the items, and now my credit card is a mess! 

I keep trying to keep track of what they are charging me and what they are crediting my account, but it's a big ugly mess. I even went so far as making up a chart to figure out the payments, what they deducted and what they're crediting. It's so confusing it's making my eyes spin Cheesy

From now on, I'll pay for the item without the payments. I'll be better off. 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Re: I'm So Done With EZ-Pays!

When I order something now, I check to make sure it WON'T be on easy pay.  I don't want to spend 3-4 months paying for something, especially when it's a $20 item!  

Frequent Contributor

Sunala, I agree! Sounds like a mess. That would drive me nuts. Hope it all turns out okay for you in the end.Sounds like you have a handle on it. 

Esteemed Contributor

Know exactly how you feel!  I remember being able to pay off ez pays early on one of the other shopping channels cause it was driving me crazy!  Maybe you should call CS and see if that is an option....

Respected Contributor

You can go to your orders page, choose the easy pay tab, then edit each item to pay the balance remaining and even switch to another card.

I returned two easy pay items and rather than showing the total amount refunded for each item, my statement reflected each easy pay refunded. I agree, it is confusing if you return multiple items.

Honored Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

Know exactly how you feel!  I remember being able to pay off ez pays early on one of the other shopping channels cause it was driving me crazy!  Maybe you should call CS and see if that is an option....

@nana59 Yes, you can always pay the amount that is left on a product.

I like easy pay but just one or two items at a time.

Honored Contributor

Did you know you can look up your easy pays under "My Account"?

Honored Contributor

I never use easy pay. I just pay for it and I'm done.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Super Contributor

I also have found EZ pay to be more confusing to use than not. Therefore , I only use it for one item , if that , and only if it is very expensive. Everything else I purchase from Q , I charge the entire amount and then pay off in full. It just works for me.

Respected Contributor

I'm on a limited income, and EZ Pay allows me to buy items I want, but cannot afford to pay for upfront. And this works for me.