Honored Contributor

Giving out parking tickets is easy revenue.  While drivers are making illegal turns, not stopping for pedestrians, not paying attention to yield signs, the cop is busy writing out over time parking tickets.  I know this, I have witnessed it.  I am not against law enforcement of course but there are far worse driving situations going on which are not addressed as often as over time parking.  A parked car at a meter isn't dangerous, reckless driving is to everyone.

Honored Contributor

If the meter isn't working, they probably will have more than you coming in to tell them that. Sounds like a good revenue source for the city so am sure they are in no hurry to fix that meter.  If your daughter can drop you off and then pick you up when your appointment is over, maybe that would help. Good luck with the ticket! Maddening!

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

Woulda shoulda coulda, whatever. Everyone’s a critic. 

Hopefully the ticket will be dismissed. I don’t think you did anything wrong that warrants such flippant responses. 

@GenXmuse  No kidding.  I'm not sure why a story about a parking meter turned into an assessment about morality and ethics, either.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Valued Contributor

If you are in Providence, Judge Caprio would listen to you.  Good luck!

Honored Contributor

How is the meter maid/ticketing agent supposed to know the meter is broken?

Under normal circumstances, a blinking meter means times up.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624............................

and the woman in charge said, we can't take your word and we don't want to see any pictures.

I took this to be rude.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

I dont blame you at all.  I think I would tell the doctors office that you dont care for the parking situation and you are thinking about changing doctors because of it.  Next I would get the rude clerks name and write a letter to the mayors office explanining the situation and especially about the rude city clerk.  Or you could just start making arrangements to be dropped off the the doctors office and chalk it up to one of life's crappy lessons.

Ummm...NO, do not complain to the doctor's office. There is not a dang thing they are in control of when it comes to the parking situation if it is not private parking, Change doctor's if you must but complaining to THEM about the downtown parking will not change one thing. They can discharged as a patient if you become hostile about something that they have nothing to do with. 

You could ask about making appointment going foward at the other office if that makes it better for you.

I disagree. You must complain, and very intently as they don't have enough parking or convenient parking. It will cost them patients, and that will cost them money. All businesses need to know when customers aren't happy. Doctors or not, they are a business, and they need to make their locations, parking, and services convenient to their customers, and meet their customers needs and desires. Doctors aren't gods. And they have everything to do with the parking. They can move their practice. Doctors do it all the time, move to better locations with more parking etc. 

They need to understand that it might not be a good location for their office to be. 

In the future, I'd not accept any appointments at that location, as I would not want to mess with finding parking. 

Perhaps this office is close to public transportation.  Not everyone has a car or lives in a suburb.  We need doctors offices where the public can get to them not just accommodating those who want free parking.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@Kachina624............................

and the woman in charge said, we can't take your word and we don't want to see any pictures.

I took this to be rude.

@Kachina624   Yes, it was rude!  You weren't there to hear her attitude and raised angry voice..  People like that shouldn't have positions dealing with the public if they can't put their attitudes in their back pocket!  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Respected Contributor

Re: I'm So Annoyed....

[ Edited ]

@CelticCrafter wrote:

How is the meter maid/ticketing agent supposed to know the meter is broken?

Under normal circumstances, a blinking meter means times up.

@CelticCrafter

In this particular circumstance, the blinking meter doesn't mean time is up!  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Esteemed Contributor

I am sure they hear a 100 times a day that the meter was not working, what makes your story any more believable?  What does the picture actually show to indicate that the meter is not working?  How was the person writing the ticket to know that you did actually put your money into a broken meter, if there was a way to actually tell it was not working by just looking at it? If there is a way to know by just looking at it that it was broken, why would you put money in it and just park there anyway? 

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.