Honored Contributor

I live in the "Outer Limits" of Phoenix (yes, I mean it the way it sounds).   Anyway, I guess I should be grateful we don't have parking meters (!!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Just take a taxi. 

Honored Contributor

Parking meters shouldn't even exist, especially the coin operated type.

No one pays the tickets anyway.

If a doctor of mine gives me a choice of paid parking or free, I always go for free parking.  Most of my doctors have their own practice in the 'burbs (free parking) but also an office in the hospital, where you have to pay to park.

I always tell the appointment person, don't book me at the hospital office.

Honored Contributor

@ciao_bellashouldn't the person who wrote the ticket have seen that the meter was blinking and not working properly? I think the meter person should have reported the faulty meter and not issued the ticket in the first place. Unless, of course they felt like you were trying to get away with something, you never know what people are thinking or maybe that's just the way they handle these types of situations.

Honored Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

I dont blame you at all.  I think I would tell the doctors office that you dont care for the parking situation and you are thinking about changing doctors because of it.  Next I would get the rude clerks name and write a letter to the mayors office explanining the situation and especially about the rude city clerk.  Or you could just start making arrangements to be dropped off the the doctors office and chalk it up to one of life's crappy lessons.

Ummm...NO, do not complain to the doctor's office. There is not a dang thing they are in control of when it comes to the parking situation if it is not private parking, Change doctor's if you must but complaining to THEM about the downtown parking will not change one thing. They can discharged as a patient if you become hostile about something that they have nothing to do with. 

You could ask about making appointment going foward at the other office if that makes it better for you.

I disagree. You must complain, and very intently as they don't have enough parking or convenient parking. It will cost them patients, and that will cost them money. All businesses need to know when customers aren't happy. Doctors or not, they are a business, and they need to make their locations, parking, and services convenient to their customers, and meet their customers needs and desires. Doctors aren't gods. And they have everything to do with the parking. They can move their practice. Doctors do it all the time, move to better locations with more parking etc. 

They need to understand that it might not be a good location for their office to be. 

In the future, I'd not accept any appointments at that location, as I would not want to mess with finding parking. 

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@ciao_bella wrote:

It's not my responsibility to keep parking meters in working order.

So why did you feel entitled to park there, free of charge?

If the city doesn't keep the meters working, it should be their loss. The space will be filled as long as there are not any signs stating the space is not to be used. 

Lack of working meters shouldn't be the citizen's issue, especially if she has a picture showing the meter blinking. A video might have been better. 

Honored Contributor

@Twins Mom wrote:
Here’s another twist to parking meter frustration. A while back was meeting in an area I don’t normally visit in the city. Drive around and around looking for lot but none available so we found street parking spot. Noticed post shorter than meter but went up to read. Had to download app, put in credit card to park. I was not wantkng to put in credit card but didn’t have any other option. Apparently this is what city going to.

And so many towns/cities wonder why no one wants to come downtown to shop, eat, spend. Why go to the hassle?

Honored Contributor

Re: I'm So Annoyed....

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@ciao_bella wrote:

It's not my responsibility to keep parking meters in working order.

So why did you feel entitled to park there, free of charge?

If the city doesn't keep the meters working, it should be their loss. The space will be filled as long as there are not any signs stating the space is not to be used. 

Lack of working meters shouldn't be the citizen's issue, especially if she has a picture showing the meter blinking. A video might have been better. 

The only thing better would be not to park there.

And no, the space would not be filled. That’s why it was empty.

In the original post it was stated, 

Street is packed and very few meters to be had.

I see one not too far from docs office and park there.

There was a reason why it was empty.

I would’ve recognized the meter wasn’t working...and moved on.

And it appears everyone else thought the same thing.

Threads like this always brings out the true colors

of one’s morals & ethics. 

Honored Contributor

Woulda shoulda coulda, whatever. Everyone’s a critic. 

Hopefully the ticket will be dismissed. I don’t think you did anything wrong that warrants such flippant responses. 

Honored Contributor

Re: I'm So Annoyed....

[ Edited ]

Is there some reason you didn't make your appointment at the other location with off-street parking to begin with...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...