Respected Contributor

I'm So Annoyed....

[ Edited ]

Back from an eye doctor appointment and I'm so annoyed! This doctor has two locations...one in an area where there is a parking lot (free) and the other in town where it's street parking with meters.  My appointment is town with meter street parking. 

Street is packed and very few meters to be had. I see one not too far from docs office and park there. I throw 3 quarters in and the stupid thing doesn't register the coins or time...just keeps blinking. So, my daughter who came with me said, 'take a picture of the meter' which I did. Went to the doc and came out about 30 minutes later to find a $30 parking ticket. I called the number on the ticket and told them meter not working and I took pictures of the meter. She said go to the ticket office located on another street and make a complaint that meter is not working. I go and the woman in charge said, we can't take your word and we don't want to see any pictures. I'll send someone out there later today to check the meter and call you back. I am so ticked! I bet they say the meter is in working order just to get the $30 revenue.  

The ticket says, to pay the amount or plead not guilty and go to court.  It also says you will be responsible for any court costs incurred.  

Waiting for the call but I'm really ticked off!

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

It might have been a better idea to go into your appointment and let your daughter drive around to look for a different parking spot.  Consider it a learning experience.

Honored Contributor

I dont blame you at all.  I think I would tell the doctors office that you dont care for the parking situation and you are thinking about changing doctors because of it.  Next I would get the rude clerks name and write a letter to the mayors office explanining the situation and especially about the rude city clerk.  Or you could just start making arrangements to be dropped off the the doctors office and chalk it up to one of life's crappy lessons.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I'm inclined to think they will admit the meter was not working and drop the charges. If not, you were smart to take a picture (hope it shows date and time) because I'd plead not guilty. Why pay when this wasn't your fault?

Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

I dont blame you at all.  I think I would tell the doctors office that you dont care for the parking situation and you are thinking about changing doctors because of it.  Next I would get the rude clerks name and write a letter to the mayors office explanining the situation and especially about the rude city clerk.  Or you could just start making arrangements to be dropped off the the doctors office and chalk it up to one of life's crappy lessons.

Ummm...NO, do not complain to the doctor's office. There is not a dang thing they are in control of when it comes to the parking situation if it is not private parking, Change doctor's if you must but complaining to THEM about the downtown parking will not change one thing. They can discharged as a patient if you become hostile about something that they have nothing to do with. 

You could ask about making appointment going foward at the other office if that makes it better for you.

Honored Contributor

Re: I'm So Annoyed....

[ Edited ]

Why is the ‘rude’ city clerk drawn into this drama?

B19CBE69-C2FE-4004-8B0D-E89A51A912E5.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I can't think what good a picture of the meter would be since it doesn't prove you put money in it. It would have been better had you left a note on the meter and on your windshield. That way the ticketing person could try the meter themselves before ticketing you.

Respected Contributor

I understand your frustration, but, given the parking issue, I don't understand why you didn't make an appointment at the more convenient location in the first place.

Respected Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

I understand your frustration, but, given the parking issue, I don't understand why you didn't make an appointment at the more convenient location in the first place.

LOL.  I was thinking the same thing!!!

Valued Contributor
I would not have parked there, drove around till I found another spot. DD could have dropped you off @ Dr., or call dr office to tell them you might be a little late due to parking.