Super Contributor

Re: I'm Scared and am Having an Anxiety Attack!

Hope you feel better soon!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous032819: When I'm feeling like you I go to a Video they have on Youtube called. Fear not (God is in control) Correction the video is called Do Not Fear (God is in Control). Sorry for the mistake Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I am sorry you are experiencing anxiety, @Anonymous032819. I'm there with you, but I can't provide the help you may need. Here is a link to the Anxiety and Depression Association of America: https://adaa.org  You may find some good information there and resources to help you find a therapist.

And here is the info for the National Alliance on Mental Illness. They have a hotline you can call in the morning. 800 950-NAMI open M-F 10 AM to 6 PM Eastern TIme. Their website is https://www.nami.org/Find-Support/NAMI-HelpLine

I have not used either of these, so I can't vouch for them. But at first glance they seem reputable. I wish you well @Anonymous032819. Everything will be okay. Heart

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

I don't know if the symptoms are all in my head, or not, but I called out sick for tomorrow, just in case.

The anxiety is starting to pass, a little bit.

For me, the worst is the tightness in the chest, and shallow breaths.

Thank-you again for being there and "talking" me through this.

It helps alot.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819, take some deep breaths.  If you are chilling, you may want to soak for a little while in a nice warm bath.  Or take a nice warm shower if you don't take baths.  When you get out, pamper yourself by rubbing down those arms and legs with some nice lotion.  

Think about having a cup of herbal tea maybe with honey if you have any.  Then maybe pick up a book or watch a movie or series on TV that you like, then go to bed.

Let us know how you are doing.  And it would certainly not be surprising for anyone to be a little uneasy.  But try to rest and relax.  Heart

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 I'm sorry you're scared.  I am concerned and careful about the virus, but not scared.  I am keeping safe at home, and doing things I enjoy.,,listening to music, singing along with Youtube karaoke songs (that is fun!), reading, doing household tasks.  I sometimes call a friend or family member.  I watch an hour of news in the morning and at 6...but the rest of the time I mostly watch COMEDIES on tv....lots of old sitcom reruns.

I ordered some used books and will have fun reading, too.  When it's a little warmer I will take walks in my neighborhood til I feel comfortable going back to the gym.

Think about it....if you run out of tp or food or meds....you can call someone.  Call a local church or your city or township office or library or even the police department (not 911...just the regular number).  They will either help you or put you in touch with someone who can.  Not everyone is a supply hoarder knocking people down in stores.  Most communities have great people who want to help others....they will help you if you need it.

Most who get the virus will just feel sick for a couple weeks and then be back to normal.  So please don't freak out....chances are good that none of the worst case scenarios will happen to you.  You can always come here....look past the few negative grumps.  There are lots of nice folks here to chat with.   🌷

Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

I don't know if the symptoms are all in my head, or not, but I called out sick for tomorrow, just in case.

The anxiety is starting to pass, a little bit.

For me, the worst is the tightness in the chest, and shallow breaths.

Thank-you again for being there and "talking" me through this.

It helps alot.

I'm praying you can get some good rest tonight and just take it easy tomorrow. Hope you are feeling better soon. 

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819,

I am sorry anxiety is getting to you, and hope you can shake this off.

I have written about my faith many times here; lived long enough to see my Sunday School lessons play out in real life.   I know I don’t walk alone, and neither do you.   

Sometimes when life piles on and I’m feeling at the end of my rope, I look in the mirror and say outloud that I have been thru worse and survived; I don’t have time for drama, so I’m pulling up my BGP’s, and walking out to face today’s $#%@ show.  I can do it!    Determination and faith have never failed me yet!

Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 

🔵 Take a deep breath. The breath is a powerful support that you can access anywhere —  a test, a big presentation, a tough conversation, or a traffic jam. Slowing down and deepening the breath has been shown to help calm the mind. The breath can also reduce blood pressure, improve memory, and settle emotions.

Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819  I am so sorry you are having such a hard time, but am happy you chose to reach out and not endure it alone. Everyone  has offered excellent suggestions!

I would like to add that whenever I feel angst of any kind, or challenges, I recite the serenity prayer. I just stop in the moment, close my eyes, and recite the prayer several times slowly.

With the relaxation techniques, and warm baths suggested by other posters, and prayer, I hope you feel better real soon. I am sending a prayer of solace to you.❤

~~~All we need is LOVE💖