Respected Contributor

I'm SO ready for 2020 to be over

It's been nothing but bad news this year and a few days ago we got more.

A friend of our died unexpectedly and we were really shocked when we heard about it. We got in touch with his wife and to make a long story short, it was probably due to the fact he was exposed to Agent Orange when he was in Vietnam.

And this Wednesday would have been their 50th anniverary.

oh lord, how much longer is this going on? Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

Re: I'm SO ready for 2020 to be over

@GoneButNotForgotten I'm so sorry for your friend's family and for your loss of a friend.

Honored Contributor

Except for the years I lost my brother (unexpetedly at 49) and each of my parents in their early 90's, this year has taken a toll on me...and so many others. 

I'll be ringing out 2020 with all the bells I can find and lots of champagne. At this point, even Ripple will do the trick.

Respected Contributor

I have a large, extended family and am over 60.  As tough as this year has been because of isolation, I have lost dear ones every single year for quite awhile now....and that will continue.

It's part of getting older.  I have to rely on my faith and gather strength from friends and family.

Honored Contributor

Lost my Dad this year. Not to covid, and it certainly is tragic beyond any words to think about the staggering losses due to covid. I was able to see him the day before he died, had to wear all the protective gear. We held hands and I want to believe he knew I was there.

On top of my personal loss, an extremely painful personal situation that continues with no end in sight. Just feel under a very black cloud. Good riddance 2020.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

Old friends are hard to lose.  Must be difficult for his wife to isolated too.

If finally occurred to me that I may never see my remaining sister again.  I guess I dreamed this all would be over in a year, by next March.  Not going to happen.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten 

Very sorry to hear about your friend's death. Too many that served in Vietnam were vilified and that is a travesty. A posthumous thank you to your deceased friend for his service, and condolences to his family.

As for me personally? I have had many past years that were much, much worse. Disappointed about certain things, but thankful I and my family are still doing well. Especially happy that I am still physically fit and back to my ice skating again.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

So sorry for the loss of a friend, so sorry to all who responded. I just keep praying and hoping for light in this darkness. Take care. 🙏❤️

Trusted Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten , I'm sorry for your loss and I too will be glad to see this year over and done with.  My best to all on the boards.   Keep safe.   Hopefully, 2021 will be at least somewhat better.Woman HappyHeart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

It's been nothing but bad news this year and a few days ago we got more.

A friend of our died unexpectedly and we were really shocked when we heard about it. We got in touch with his wife and to make a long story short, it was probably due to the fact he was exposed to Agent Orange when he was in Vietnam.

And this Wednesday would have been their 50th anniverary.

oh lord, how much longer is this going on? Woman Sad

@GoneButNotForgotten 

So sorry for your loss.    Heart

I know what you mean and agree wholeheartedly, but I'm not sure that anything will change the moment the clock strikes midnight on New Years Eve, and we start 2021.  

I hope things change very soon, but I doubt it.  It will take time for things to shift, Covid numbers to drop and for life to go back to some new version of normal.   Fingers crossed.