Honored Contributor

Re: I'm SO Tired of UPS Lies

UPS lies?  I've never experieces lies.  I've had items delayed, but it isn't really a big deal in the grand scheme of things, is it?  

Respected Contributor

Last year I had a misdelivered UPS package and the new offshore customer service could do nothing to help me. I wrote a scathing complaint.

The next day I got a phone call from a vice-president who was clearly in the middle of his company Christmas party. After a few minutes he lost track of why he was calling me. The funniest message I've ever heard, especially from an executive.

Overall it's a good company. Perfectionism is futile.

Honored Contributor

I'm with you, sis. I had a QVC item that said "delivered on 12-26, nope, then update 12-27, then 12-28.

Finally , got today the 29th.

Now, Fedex is saying my expensive ring will be delivered 1-1-2024.   I don't believe any carriers will be running on New Yr.'s Day. So, if I'm lucky will be 1-2-24

Looks like they would know they wouldn't be working on a holiday.

Why I dislike holidays and America has way too many.

Trusted Contributor

I believe @Sooner calling UPS liars is a little extreme. Our UPS deliveries are pretty consistent. We usually get them between 9-12, probably depending on the amount of deliveries they have, but it's rare a delivery is made at another time. I receive an email (see bottom of page) every time a package will be delivered. 

I will state that their email clearly states "Scheduled Delivery" which is not a guaranteed delivery. Perhaps you should join the UPS My Choice and I believe you can actually pick up the packages at a UPS store or schedule a delivery at a more specific time. You may want to check into that if this is such a concern for you. 

ups scheduled.png

Trusted Contributor

MaAn meets with an accident - Page 4 | Anupamaa

Frequent Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I'm so tired of UPS and their rich fantasy life about delivering packages.  Nearly every time it's "delivery by 1:15" than at 2:50 p.m. it's changed to "delivery by 9 p.m."

Sometimes I would like to be home when something gets here.  Sometimes it's even kicked from "by 9 p.m." to the next day sometimes after 8 p.m.  

Really?  They have a computer and a loaded truck tracked and that's the best they can figure?

Lyying?? Hardly. I much prefer to thank, extend grace...toward those who have extremely demanding, stressful  jobs this time of year.  Especially when some believe they are ultra special. There are a million reasons for any delays.  Times you receive are estimates only.  I alter my expectations knowing how hard people work, the degree of demand on those just doing their jobs.  Everyone is just doing their best.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner.  I don't have the problem with ups at all.  They always come between 4-5pm.  I don't pay any attention to the tracking on delivery day.

I guess I remember when you ordered something from a catalog then sat and waited with no information whatsoever,  including no clue as to when it would be delivered.  I don't become concerned about tracking now.  It's just another 21st Century aggravation.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@PrettyGerl wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

I'm so tired of UPS and their rich fantasy life about delivering packages.  Nearly every time it's "delivery by 1:15" than at 2:50 p.m. it's changed to "delivery by 9 p.m."

Sometimes I would like to be home when something gets here.  Sometimes it's even kicked from "by 9 p.m." to the next day sometimes after 8 p.m.  

Really?  They have a computer and a loaded truck tracked and that's the best they can figure?

Lyying?? Hardly. I much prefer to thank, extend grace...toward those who have extremely demanding, stressful  jobs this time of year.  Especially when some believe they are ultra special. There are a million reasons for any delays.  Times you receive are estimates only.  I alter my expectations knowing how hard people work, the degree of demand on those just doing their jobs.  Everyone is just doing their best.

@PrettyGerl  Well said.  Some definitely feel entitled.

If anyone needs your super duper, expensive, anticipated items in a hurry, change your shipping method to get it ASAP.  Shipping services offer overnight delivery for a price.

Hopefully, that will negate any angst in your lives.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

You might be in a highly trafficked area.  If they're on our interstate system in the area we live in, I guarantee it will be slow.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Very busy time of year for them,just be glad you get it.

@goldensrbest No with UPS this is ALL year.  And a couple times this year I didn't get it.