Esteemed Contributor

Re: I'm Ready to Beat the Heat!

Southwest here ---  Our hot weather has been the topic of many conversations this month!!  August is usually our cooling off, rainy month.  We usually get 2 days of triple digit temps and lots of rain. 

So far this August, we have had over 10 days of triple 

digit heat  (103 to 108) and .05 inches of rain.   Really strange weather and everyone is so tired of it....

Honored Contributor

I have a friend in Bakersfield. Triple digits for days on end. You are in the far milder area. We visited San Diego a few years ago in late March and it snowed, I had nothing but tees and shorts with me....had to buy a men’s fleece jacket at a Salvation Army store, the only place with any warm clothing.
Put on your sunscreen!
Honored Contributor

We've had some of the 90 degree days last week and maybe the week before, but usually there was an afternoon thunderstorm or just simply rain, which I love.

Today it's in the 70's, and it's misty out now. 

We got our bike ride in at noon time and it was so nice without sun. 

I actually love days like this in the summer.  Love the rain, don't mind if it's cloudy out, either.

I wear SPF shirts by Columbia.  Have about 12 of them in different colors and even doubles in my favorite colors.  Afraid I'll spill a little red wine on one and perhaps ruin it!. 

Respected Contributor

Looks inviting and a nice way to cool off.  Love that you have the Jamaican restaurant and music playing... Mix yourself up a Jamaican Rum Punch and you're all set!  Better yet, have them mix you up a rum punch and  Enjoy!

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819  As long as you're "beating" the heat, could you give it a good beating for me? LOL

It's 113 here today. Your pool looks cool & inviting.

Respected Contributor

I'm in Alaska where 70 can be be rare but enjoyed.

Respected Contributor

Have fun in that pool @Anonymous032819.  What a great way to spend some time!

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Respected Contributor

It's going to be 97 today. Our average temp for August is 82.