Respected Contributor

Re: I'm On The XXXX List With My Family.

@Deree  . The one person that she dislikes is the one hosting the party.  It would be pretty rude to go to the host's home and ignore her.  

Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like a good idea.  Spend the day how you want. 

When I was younger, I rarely said no to things.  I was too much of a people pleaser.  As I’ve gotten older and hopefully wiser, I’m better at setting boundaries which includes avoiding toxic situations.  Take care of yourself and enjoy the 4th.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@Anonymous032819 @mom2four0418   I don't keep tabs on her, I never ask about her when I talk to my sister or my niece that live near her.

My sister, for some reason I don't fathom, feels sorry for her, because was an only child, her parents are gone and no friends.

When I talk to my sister as some point I get, "omg, Pat did or said xxxx.  I have told her I don't care. I've told her, "you know what she is like, why are you surprised."

But here you are spreading the gossip that you say that you don't want to hear.

Why?

Why is it important to you that we feel the same way about her that you do?

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819  I've read posts from others regarding family drama or issues. Are they "spreading gossip? People vent here everyday.

I don't give a flying fig if others feel the same way.or not.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal 

If knee replacement is in your future, I urge you to ask the surgeon how he closes the incision.   

My first knee was closed with staples; it did fine.   Second knee was glued; it did not hold, and at my 2 week recheck, I had a gaping wound 4" long.   I refused to have another intensive procedure to clean and close the incision, so it had to heal on its own, which took 3 full months.   

Trusted Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

@Deree  . The one person that she dislikes is the one hosting the party.  It would be pretty rude to go to the host's home and ignore her.  

@50Mickey  I guess I'm not really following who's who... but my point is, if you want to go someplace where there is an abrasive person, when I say "ignore" I mean "don't engage."  When she made a remark about the mayo, instead of engaging with "food police", smile instead and say nothing.  That disarms a person.  There's no need to get into it with anyone, anywhere.  That's my point. :-)

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 It is independence day and you can choose how to spend yours,  good for you!  Our family reunion looks like 2 seperate gatherings as there is a great divide also.  I have not been now in 6 years and do not feel bad as I am not treated as family, so why go and "pretend" to be family?

Esteemed Contributor

@Boomernichols   I am planning a visit and lunch with my sister and BIL next week.  Her youngest DD/SIL will probably be there too.

It will be a nice day and I'm looking forward to it.

For years I went to showers/weddings/reunions/holiday dinners etc. I wasn't eager to attend. I went to make either my Mom and Dad, DH or my kids happy.  I'm 70 and not going to do it anymore.

Unless it is something I can enjoy without  someone putting a crimp in it, I'm out.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 ....MOST of us vent on these boards....it's not spreading gossip...

We are pretty much all anonymous on these boards...that's the beauty of it!

Trusted Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@CelticCrafter   You and me both. My limit is 2 and I'm good for a long time.

She told my sister she can tell she lost weight, she wrists are small.  Huh!.  I hate to break it to her I'm a good 1X and my wrists and ankles aren't big, but I still am.

She's nuts. She had a knee replacement 2 weeks ago and she called the Dr. after 56 days and demanded he take the staples out. They hurt.  He told her no. I guess dopey doesn't realize It is still going to hurt after the staples come out.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Wait ‘till they start pulling those staples out!    

NOT GOOD.

Talk about hurt.

Oh no, there's staples for a knee replacement? It just all spells hurt.  I'm already leary of this procedure.  The only saving grace is, eventually, all that won't hurt, right? LOL

@qualitygal Listen, everyone is different.  Please don't stress so.  I had both knees replaced, 4 months apart.  Both had staples.  I was apprehensive when the first set came out but other than a slight pull no pain at all.  After you get your new knee you'll kick yourself for waiting so long  in pain as I did.  Good luck to you.